• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Crack in B Pillar Paint

Badfishy

Reaction score
Anybody seen this or had experience on how to fix it? I don’t know if the cracks are limited to just the paint, or if the body panel has cracked. I’m familiar with this issue on a B-body - driver side stress crack in panel - but not familiar with it on an E-body, and on BOTH sides.

Any idea what’s going on underneath? Do you think the panel is cracked or can I get away with just light sanding and touchup/blending? Thank you.

IMG_0446.jpeg

IMG_0445.jpeg

tonysrt

Reaction score
I have a 71 Cuda H.T. that has cracked at the B panel going to the roof and on both sides, pass & driver side. I blame the heavy duty suspension with no reinforcement back there. After the fact I had torque boxes welded in and a 1" x 2" bar welded from front rail frame and the to rear rail frame. So the only advantage to unibody was cheaper and save more money but giving people a vehicle with no frame to support the body.
My next thought on saving money is on all our engines put in a plastic handle dip stick so when the handle breaks off they'll come to the dealer to have the old one removed and a new one installed. Just happened to my 2010 SRT Challenger.
And what about plastic headlight lenses that fog up and hinder street light illumination? Who is on our side fighting to put better parts in the 2nd most expensive we buy.

moparlee

Reaction score
Do you know if those quarter panels have been replaced? If they have, it looks to me like a bad installation during fabrication.

Badfishy

Reaction score
Do you know if those quarter panels have been replaced? If they have, it looks to me like a bad installation during fabrication.
Passenger quarter was replaced but the weld line was an inch below that area. Original factory quarter on driver side.

Looks like I’ll be installing torque boxes first and then weld repairing those areas.

Back