• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Cuda grille red trim

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm looking for info about the red grille trim bar on 1970 Cuda's, I have an oridginal 70 Cuda that does not have the red trim in the grille and never did. I'm sure because I've owned it since 1972. Some information I've seen says all 70 Cuda's had the red trim bar. Does anyone have info to prove one way or another?
Thanks Ken

aussiemark

Reaction score
I'm quite sure it is part of the Cuda package in the same way all AAR's have a black grille and not something that can be factory deleted. You say you've had the car since 72 maybe a previous owner didn't like it and removed it.

Reaction score
My Uncle was the oridginal purchaser and I know the history of the Cuda since new, it never had the red grille treatment. It seems that some Cuda's have it and some don't I'm trying to figure out if it's an option or maybe LA made cars are different than Hamtrack made cars? I do see the red trim in my 70 parts book. Anyone know for sure or is this a case of a another "Chrysler" mystery!
Thanks Ken

RangerTom

Reaction score
Ken, I have my dad's original 70 Cuda, made in CA and it has the red stripe grille. So all I can say is it came that way from the factory.

Back