• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

cuda seat frames ?

hdwrench

Reaction score
my 1974 barracuda interior seats are tattered .and green . i’d like to switch to black . can i use a different year vinyl pattern (say 71) and mix onto a 1974 front seat frame ? also will a 1971 rear seat upper and lower fit properly in my 1974 ?

moparleo

Reaction score
71-74 seats will all mount to same holes in the floor. You can have an upholstery shop install any thing on your frames. Just that 71-72 used a hard plastic seat back and the 73-4 used vinyl.

tonysrt

Reaction score
I have a 71 Cuda with the stock vinyl, and I'm replacing it with the leather because I never liked the look of the stock seats.

larry4406

Reaction score
I have a 71 Cuda with the stock vinyl, and I'm replacing it with the leather because I never liked the look of the stock seats.
When you do this project, please start a thread on it and include detailed photos. Long ago I had book marked a thread that documented this but its gone. I recall reading that the foams were different but I could be wrong.

hdwrench

Reaction score
When you do this project, please start a thread on it and include detailed photos. Long ago I had book marked a thread that documented this but its gone. I recall reading that the foams were different but I could be wrong.
i ment to mention that i plan on replacing the foam cushions when we service the seats …

hdwrench

Reaction score
71-74 seats will all mount to same holes in the floor. You can have an upholstery shop install any thing on your frames. Just that 71-72 used a hard plastic seat back and the 73-4 used vinyl.
do you know if a 1971 rear seat set will fit properly in my 1974 ?

tonysrt

Reaction score
The foam for the leather seats is different than the stock seats. I may have an upholsterer do it for me.

Back