• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Curious Yellow Color

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Here is an example of factory paint. Against a bright and dark back round. removed from car in the late 70's. I don't have a gray card. The glare in the 2nd picture is from an attic window.I was't going to post it but it shows in a different light. A gray or silver number is important because 18% gray is what your camera’s meter is trying to calculate when it determines a correct exposure for a scene. If you put a gray card in front of your subject and take a meter reading, you will get a balanced exposure regardless of any tonal contrast in the scene.
And yes it's Curious Yellow/Citron Yella
20230718_084627_001.jpg

20230718_085001.jpg

20230718_085038.jpg

doubleyellow

Reaction score
Moparlee car color is amazing. I also love the GY3. The Plymouth name “Curious Yellow” exactly describes it.

Here is a good pic I found online. Definitely a lighter yellow/lime green.

IMG_0147.jpeg

Mopar426power

Reaction score
Here is my color swatches, guess which one(s) are GY3 curious yellow?

cuda joe

Reaction score
i had curious yellow matched up at the paint store about 25 years ago in dupont chroma base give this formula to a auto paint store that sells dupont
paint formula.png
Scan_20230806.png

Mopar426power

Reaction score
Looks like pic didn't upload from my phone.
The two on the right are GY3. one with light sealer (far right), and one with dark sealer. the top half of each is PPG paint, bottom is Dupont.
The two on the left were a color match of the old paint color of my car (with each sealer).

RCPY4366.JPG

Mopar426power

Reaction score
Moparlee thanks for input.
Here are pics of my panels, same primer, sealer, paint. Everything is the same except only slightly different lighting. Similar contrast to your car’s pics.

Just painted this weekend, I am pretty jazzed how it is turning out!

It is coming up on two years since I last shut the engine off and started the restoration project.

The entire process has had lots of ups and downs, but I have to admit that the “putting it back together” seems to be the fun part!

IMG_4586.jpeg

IMG_4585.jpeg

IMG_4582.jpeg

IMG_4583.jpeg

Steve340

Reaction score
I think you are going to be very happy with that colour when you get it back together.
A little black and chrome to set it off and it will be stunning.

Mopar426power

Reaction score
Car body getting painted today.

I will have a flat black go wing, billboards and shaker, painted grille and chrome bumpers. I decided to go flat black instead of gloss black thinking it will set off the yellow more... we will see I guess.

Back