• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Dash Rewired and rung out

Todd Jackson

Reaction score
Using a kit from American Autowire I have rewired all the dash switches and gauges in my '71 Challenger. Dash reskinned by Just Dashes in El Paso. Used to be brown. Painted the plastic and metal satin black. Aftermarket battery powered clock fits right in. I labeled everything. Even the stuff not used as I get older I will forget! Used a RETRO SOUND dash speaker. Sounds great through the BOSS receiver and bluetooth. All I need is my #$%^& car back from paint where it went the Friday before Memorial Day in 2021. Will save the negative story for another time. Special thanks to @Rapidfire for the brake light indicator lens. Much appreciated! - TJ

Dash Lit.jpg

IMG_3431.jpg

IMG_3432.jpg

IMG_3435.jpg

IMG_3436.jpg

IMG_3437.jpg

Wimpy

Reaction score
Any idea how the light bar is fastened to the dash pad?
Should be 6 screws hold if up, looks like its mounted in the pic. an fyi instead of cutting excess off of wire ties twist with side cutters they will break off flush. No sharp ends sticking out.

Todd Jackson

Reaction score
Should be 6 screws hold if up, looks like its mounted in the pic. an fyi instead of cutting excess off of wire ties twist with side cutters they will break off flush. No sharp ends sticking out.
The 3 under the lip of the dashbpad don't seem to have a hole in the metal frame of the pad???

FY1TopBanana

Reaction score
+
drop the light bar out completely and check the frame for the speed nuts in their locations and make sure they are centered. You're out of the car so dropping the light bar on the steering column isnt a problem!

Todd Jackson

Reaction score
+
drop the light bar out completely and check the frame for the speed nuts in their locations and make sure they are centered. You're out of the car so dropping the light bar on the steering column isnt a problem!
Thank you I will check again tomorrow. I used a pick and could night find any holes in the metal. Now that I know what I am looking for I will be a bit more liberal Thanks! Todd

Joey Chainsaw

Reaction score
Nice job, gotta love the retro green tint to the lighting. I am restoring my dash now, after finishing the center console, heater-A/C box, interior panels, and seats… steering column is next. I too am waiting for my car to come back from body and paint. thanks for the after market vendor names you used….I need some of the same things you did. Good luck with the rest of the project!

Back