• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Dash vin tag restoration

all original

Reaction score
HI

Has anyone tried to restore there dash vin tag? Im trying to figure out the right combination for the finish and wondering if rattle cans will be good enough quality.
Any suggestions, ideas or an actual process would be great

challenger6pak

Reaction score
If you have to go with a can, the closest finish I have found is the Rustolem satin in black. You will have to play with your spray distance to get the correct finish. It doesn't mix well with other paint so make sure the tag is stripped before respraying. Then you can get the transfer Cuda Hunter mentioned with the Chrysler name on it and you are ready to go.

all original

Reaction score
Thanks

I have the overlay, im trying to get the correct paint. Im wondering if I should try to get a paint supplier to mix some up

Adam

Reaction score
http://www.tcpglobal.com/Automotive-Paint/Hot-Rod-Flatz/?gclid=CMTsi4n1jcMCFRWRfgodLLwArg This Vin, and speaker grills, were sprayed with Hot Rod Flatz 201. The light on the speaker grill is a better representation of how this looks in person. There are other sheens available; I have also used Chassis black on other parts, but that would be too shiny for a VIN tag.

I have the overlay, im trying to get the correct paint. Im wondering if I should try to get a paint supplier to mix some up[/QUOTE]
IMG_VIN.jpg

IMG_VIN.jpg

Last edited:
Back