• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Digital relay, Simple stright answer please.

jml19621

Reaction score
Ok, I replaced the rear brake, parking, and direction bulbs. I also replace the front directionals all with the appropriate LEDs. What should the specks be on the flasher near the ashtray? Do I need to change the one attached to the the steering column? Simple stright forward questions. Two yes or no. Two specifications. I don't mean to sound terse; however, sometimes I get way to much info. I am not rewireing the car nor am I wiring the space station. To some degree the work with me just changing the relay near th ashytray. Pleas help me.

Ricks72Chlgr440

Reaction score
Ok, I replaced the rear brake, parking, and direction bulbs. I also replace the front directionals all with the appropriate LEDs. What should the specks be on the flasher near the ashtray? Do I need to change the one attached to the the steering column? Simple stright forward questions. Two yes or no. Two specifications. I don't mean to sound terse; however, sometimes I get way to much info. I am not rewireing the car nor am I wiring the space station. To some degree the work with me just changing the relay near th ashytray. Pleas help me.
You need two relays, as one is for the turn signals and one for the hazard flashers. You will need an LED flasher with a black wire "pigtail" that is grounded. For example here is one you can search for on Amazon (am not endorsing it just an example for you to look at):

2 Pin LED Flasher, LED Compatible, Fix Turn Signal & Hazard Warn Hyper Flash Flasher, 2 Prong Heavy Duty 12V LED Flasher Relay with Ground Wire, No Load Flasher(Works Without Resistors)​

bc3j

Reaction score
Non-polarity for turn signal flasher grounded on ash tray frame. Used the factory hazard flasher. Still worked albeit a slightly slower flash rate. I left it alone.

jml19621

Reaction score
Where would you ground the relay to the ashtray reciever? I am too tall and wide to spend too much time under the dash. I went under there the other day and I realized that only am I too big to fit under the dash in my old age I have become clostraphic.

bc3j

Reaction score
Where would you ground the relay to the ashtray reciever? I am too tall and wide to spend too much time under the dash. I went under there the other day and I realized that only am I too big to fit under the dash in my old age I have become clostraphic.
Once the ash tray is removed there are some screws on the top and bottom of the opening. You can sit in the passenger seat. Remove the screws and pull the frame out and the flasher is on the right side. Be careful how far out you remove it because the harness is connected to the flasher. When the neutral polarity flasher is put in it’s place (might have to open up the spring clip a little) you can slide the frame back in and use one of the screw holes to slide in the ground wire between the ash tray frame and the dash frame then tighten. Install the remaining screws and put the ash tray back in place. If you ever had to replace the factory flasher you would use the same procedure to get at the factory flasher unit for replacement.

Last edited:
Back