• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Don't forget those serving during the holidays

Super-G

Reaction score
21 years ago tonight, I was sitting in a fighting hole in the Saudi desert during Operation Desert Shield on high alert because word had traveled down that Saddam Hussein might possibly have ordered an attack on Christmas Eve as a way to demoralize US troops.

Please guys as you spend the next 2 days enjoying your holiday weekend with friends and family, take a moment to remember those serving on the front lines during the holiday.

Thanks and Merry Christmas to all those who have served and are currently serving.

CudaKeith

Reaction score
Amen to that. You know standing in line at the mall I thought the store owners should find prominent places in their store to hang pictures of some of those young men and women serving overseas. Maybe that would take away some of the rudeness and complaining of how hard people have it waiting in line. I'm sure someone overseas would gladly switch places for that half hour standing safely in line at the mall.

CudaKeith

Reaction score
By the way, Super-G, I dig your Challenger. My 73 Cuda is set up almost the same way, 440 six pack, 727, 4.10's. I live in NE Pa., near Wilkes-Barre. Do you run that car? If you do, what track do you race? Do you have any numbers? I just picked this car up, well partially, I still owe a lot of money on it. I'm hoping to have it paid off by May so I could get it to some cruises and down the track this summer. If I get it paid off and can pick up a trailer, I'd like to run down Maple Grove at least once this summer. The closest track to me is Numidia. Maybe we could hook up for one race.

burntorange70

Reaction score
Thank you to the people who have served and are serving today.

10 years ago I was in Bahrain fixing MH-53E helomachopers.

Super-G

Reaction score
By the way, Super-G, I dig your Challenger. My 73 Cuda is set up almost the same way, 440 six pack, 727, 4.10's. I live in NE Pa., near Wilkes-Barre. Do you run that car? If you do, what track do you race? Do you have any numbers? I just picked this car up, well partially, I still owe a lot of money on it. I'm hoping to have it paid off by May so I could get it to some cruises and down the track this summer. If I get it paid off and can pick up a trailer, I'd like to run down Maple Grove at least once this summer. The closest track to me is Numidia. Maybe we could hook up for one race.

Thanks, no I don't run the car. At least not yet. I just picked this car up in October. I bought it in Muncy PA which is out Rt 80 past Bloomsburg.

I've only driven the car once. The previous owner passed away and left the car to his son who was a Harley guy and not a car guy so he put it up for sale. I was lucky enough to pick it up.

Since the previous owner died of cancer the car has done a lot of sitting and I've been spending all my free time trying to get it ready for the spring/summer cruise season. It doesn't need any mojor work just going over and cleaning up and replacing all the fluids, tuning it up, and all new brakes.

I can't wait to get it up and running for spring and might just consider running it at a local track just to see what it'll run.

CudaKeith

Reaction score
You should have stopped at Fairfield Dodge while you were in Muncy. That has to be the coolest dealership in Pa. He's a Mr. Norm, Hurst, and Petty Enterprises authorized dealer and man does he have the toys. Last time I was up that way he had two brand new Mr. Norm's Cudas, a Hurst edition long hauler truck, and a ton of custom Jeeps. Good luck with the car. Maybe I'll see you at the track this summer.

Back