• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

drivers side cable control routing for mirror

michael bucklew

Reaction score
how is the cable routed. tried under window--nope---to the front side--nope. there is a small clip that goes somewhere to hold the cables in place--where??? Also need to have location for hole in door panel to mount the actuator

terrywalker

Reaction score
On the front of the door in the hinge area, there's a hole the plastic clip goes into that keeps the cable from contacting the window when rolling it up or down. Here's some photos.
The first shows the clip on the mirror cable. The others show the location of the hole the clip presses in to. In a couple of the pics, I have a phillips screwdriver shank showing the hole.
Terry W.

Mirror Cable Clip.jpg

Mirror Cable Clip Hole 1.jpg

Mirror Cable Clip Hole 2.jpg

Mirror Cable Clip Hole 3.jpg

michael bucklew

Reaction score
On the front of the door in the hinge area, there's a hole the plastic clip goes into that keeps the cable from contacting the window when rolling it up or down. Here's some photos.
The first shows the clip on the mirror cable. The others show the location of the hole the clip presses in to. In a couple of the pics, I have a phillips screwdriver shank showing the hole.
Terry W.

View attachment 122210

View attachment 122211

View attachment 122212

View attachment 122213

michael bucklew

Reaction score
very good....thanks-------have any idea where the hole for the actuator goes. I had one before restoration, can't remember where the hole is located

MoparCarGuy

Reaction score
The cable routing depends on if you are working on a 1970 or a 1971-74 E-Body.
The 1970 has a one-year-only bracket and metal clips. The 1971-74 has the plastic clip and metal clips.
The metal doors all have the hole prepunched for the remote mirror control.
Your interior door panel should have a hole for the remote "joystick" already there unless your car came with the standard mirror (see last picture).
Otherwise, you will see the location clearly marked on the backside of the plastic interior door panel. Open that up and you are golden.

Driver Mirror Cable Bracket inside Door.jpg
Driver Mirror Cable Bracket.jpg

1971-74 Mirror Cable Around Front of Door Glass.jpg
Closeup of Remote Mirror Cable Clip 1971 and Later E-Body.jpg

Drawing Mirror Hardware.jpg

86 Mile HemiCuda Survivor 1970 STANDARD LH manual mirror.jpg

Mirror Hardware.jpg

Last edited:

michael bucklew

Reaction score
The cable routing depends on if you are working on a 1970 or a 1971-74 E-Body.
The 1970 has a one-year-only bracket and metal clips. The 1971-74 has the plastic clip and metal clips.
The metal doors all have the hole prepunched for the remote mirror control.
Your interior door panel should have a hole for the remote "joystick" already there unless your car came with the standard mirror (see last picture).
Otherwise, you will see the location clearly marked on the backside of the plastic interior door panel. Open that up and you are golden.

View attachment 122225 View attachment 122226

View attachment 122229 View attachment 122227

View attachment 122231

View attachment 122232

View attachment 122230
its a '71. good diagram

Adam

Reaction score
I had replaced my broken original mirror with one using the plastic clip. A day later the cable had moved and was catching on the front of the window, even though it was still clipped in. So I recommend finding or making the simple metal bracket, and you will only have to take the door panel off once.

Rons340

Reaction score
I was thinking that the last one I added had a template molded into the rear of the door panelwhere the control mounts.
Don't forget to use the backing clip as well!IMG_4100.jpeg

Retainer.jpg

Back