• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

FOR SALE E Body Parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

440WB

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I will get you a pic of what I have soon
been working long hours lately

Mad Cuda

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found the correct backup light wiring harness from Evans Wiring Harnesses. The backup lights work great. One small issue. The car does not have a dash reverse indicator light because the manufacture only installed them on 4 speeds. My car was originally a 3 speed. I was told that I could install one and hook it up to the pigtail on the backup light wire harness. I did that but the indicator light stays on when I turn the headlights on, whether or not the car is in reverse?? Any suggestions on how to correct this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Sergio

440WB

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
maybe a micro switch at the shifter?
like the brake peddle when pushed, the frame hits the switch to make the contact -

Mad Cuda

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you shift the shifter into reverse, the reverse light switch, which is mounted to the tranny is activated causing the reverse lights to work. When you take it out of reverse the switch should turn off. Evans Wiring Harness told me that the pigtail attached to the harness, that is wired to the backup light indicator, should only get power when you put the car into reverse and go off when you take it out of reverse. But for some reason the indicator light is always on, which is probably due to a faulty wire harness or something in the socket on the bulkhead. Spoke to a friend of mine today who said that the pigtail light may be wired wrong or that there might be something wrong in the wiring socket on the bulkhead. He volunteer to take a look at it next week and hopefully we can find the problem. I will ask him about the micro switch at the shifter. Thanks for your help.

KZ4406

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WANTED:

Car (1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE) is nearly complete but found out I needed a few more parts:

1. I'm looking for a complete top half of a 1970 e-body console with an un-warped and unbroken thin piece to the left of the console shifter, (70 console does not have an ashtray at the rear of the console).
2. Rear ash trays, window cranks and inner door handles to same 1970 e-body (Challenger)

Would prefer OE/NOS . . . do not want repops at this time

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back