• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

"Early" 70 bucket seat hinge covers

john_wick

Reaction score
I'm a bit confused here. From what I can tell I have early 70 bucket seats. I reskinned them earlier this year from black to white. I'm trying to source the hinge covers for this application. From what I can tell, they were metal and different than the later 71+ years hinge covers. Can't seem to find any repo's of these and they seem to only come in black from some old for sale posts I've stumbled upon. Looking to see if anyone makes these and in white or perhaps is my assumption incorrect that you don't use the 71+ hinge covers on my "early" 70 style? Thanks.

heminut

Reaction score
I don't know of anyone reproducing them but they are easy to recolor. They are metal and can easily be beadblasted and repainted. They pop up on Ebay quite often.

Big Wayne

Reaction score
I just went on this journey. If yours is a 70 you’ll need the metal covers. I could not find any reproductions. The inners and outer passenger can be found on eBay and other sites. The outer driver is really hard to find. My buddy had a set and I got lucky with affording them. They can get expensive. The good news is they clean up and paint real easy and are a snap to restore. I re installed one seat release button with some rivets. Just be patient and gather them up one at a time. They’re a cool feature. I think.

59C199C2-0308-4F9E-908F-CD24C90BF0AA.jpeg

EW1BH27

Reaction score
is my assumption incorrect that you don't use the 71+ hinge covers on my "early" 70 style? Thanks.
I'm of the belief that 1970 and early 1971 are the type that are in Big Wayne's post. You don't use later '71 and up on a 1970 seat.

If you find some missing the button Tony's Parts reproduces them.

Back