• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Exhaust Manifold Bolts Go Into Water Jacket???

fcris

Reaction score
OK guys, don't flame me, because it's been about 35+ years since I pulled one of these motors.

Is it normal for coolant to come out of some of the Exhaust Manifold Bolt holes on a big block / 440?

I just don't remember this happening way back, but it just may have been that I always drained the coolant before doing these things. And what I really should remember, is having to put sealant on these bolts when reinstalling them.

Thanks

ramenth

Reaction score
And remember to give the sealant a little set time if you plan on firing it right back up...don't know how many times I've seen radiators get clogged because someone got in a hurry when sealing these or LA series water pump bolts, fire the engine before the sealer has chance to set, and the stuff gets pulled right into the radiator.

M

Marilyn

RE: Default Exhaust Manifold Bolts Go Into Water Jacket??? OK guys, don't flame me, b

HI! when you had reinstall coolant then after they do work well or not . I mean new coolant adequate cool or not . If your coolant has not able to do cool so you just go again near garage then you can solve your problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back