• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Fall Fling - E body parts

70chall440

Reaction score
I am sending a bunch of E body parts down to fall fling with a friend of mine and thought I would provide a list in case someone is looking for something and will be there. I am not positing any prices but I am not looking to retire off these items, not to say they will be cheap but not stupid either. I don't have any pictures to post so please don't ask, go to the show and look at them for yourself. So here goes;

Flat Cuda hood (take off stock one)
Standard E body instrument cluster
Standard E body Inst. Cluster bezel
Standard E body switch panel w/rear defog hole
RH lower E body dash trim (there are 2, one is pretty good, the other needs some work)
72-74 Cuda rear bumper guards
72-74 Challenger center grille (needs a little work on the lower corners)
Cuda front header panel (take off, ok shape but not perfect)
2 E body speaker grilles (one is basically a donor for the other)
96-03 Ram hood chip guard
70-71 E body rear bumper guards (rubber is bad on both)
E body fender turn signals
E body ash tray with frame/mount
E body dash frame (good shape)
70 Cuda dash pad (not horrible, steel core)
E body glove box door w/hinge
**would sell entire dash as a set
E body plastic dash cap (basically new but the hole over the VIN plate is enlarged
70-74 Cuda outer rocker panel (both are new but one has a little cut off one end)
11" chrome rear brake backing plate (for 8 3/4 and I think Dana)
70-75 Challenger Rear corner chrome (one is ok, the other needs work)
70-74 Ebody LH inner fender brace (brand new)
70-74 Cuda LH fender lwr fender patch panel (new)
70-74 Cuda RH fender lwr fender patch panel (new)
72-74 Ebody slap stick shifter complete with tunnel mounts (only missing the trans pivot)
68-70? A/B body AT shifter (functional but rough)
E body LH ext door handle (I think Cuda but not sure)
2 x E body RH ext door handles (1 is for a Cuda I am pretty sure)
5 x Mopar starters (the old style) - I don't know the years, one should be 69/70 I think
70-74 E body battery tray (new)
LH and RH Cuda lower quarter panel patch panels (these are cut off peices, workable but not real nice)
70-74 kick panels (one was drilled for a small speaker)
70-74 Challenger ext tips (factory, ok for a driver)
70 Challenger fuel filler tube (has 1 nipple up near the top)
71-74 E body console complete (decent shape but not perfect, has the normal break)
71-74 console incomplete and has a break
Challenger MAS TA rear spoiler (never mounted)
69 assembled 340 X heads with rocker arms and Edelbrock valve covers
68-70 Satellite instr cluster chrome side trim
E body kick panels with speaker holes (these are brand new)
72-74 Challenger lower valance insert (the plastic part)
2 x 72-74 Challenger lower valance chrome trim (one is ok, the other needs work)
72-74 Cuda lower valance insert (this is the part that the turn signals are on, it is broken in 2 but could be repaired)
Cuda rear valance - Not cut outs (used original)
340 "388" oil pan
Snorkel hood scoop (generic type, was on a hood at one point)
72-74 Ebody seat covers (these are repaired originals and would be ok on a driver)

Well thats all for now, I am not going to reserve anything because I am not going to put my friend out as he is doing me a favor but he will be at the swap meet with all of his stuff and my crap.

70chall440

Reaction score
I responded, sorry but I am not shipping anything anywhere. I don't want the hassle of the shipping nor the back and forth that typically develops when parts are bought sight unseen. If they don't sell at the swap meet I will put them back onto the shelf where they have been for 10+ years (or until the next swap meet).

BSG

Reaction score
I was a little disappointed at the amount of stuff that was there. The only thing I got was a sport steering wheel. It was a good time none the less.

70chall440

Reaction score
Yeah I am told it was a record turn out but sales from the swap meet was not very good. My buddy said he only sold 3 of the items I sent down, don't which 3 but I am sure I will find out soon enough.

BSG

Reaction score
I'm glad that wasn't taken wrong. I have been to the fall or spring fling 4 times, this was the first time there were no super birds or Daytona's there, and the venders that were there really didn't have ebody stuff. Of the 2 things I was searching for the sport steering wheel and rear view mirror, I was only able to find a perfect wheel and I paid double what I wanted to pay like 240.00 I think I paid for it. I really appreciate the guys who load all that stuff up and set it out for sale but like the crack of 12:30 they start loading it all back up. I got there around 9:45 and by the time I got my car parked etc and made my way across the park it was creeping 11:00 so an hr and a half later you had better had seen it all.. Thanks again for sending your stuff, and I feel you about the shipping I hate it and appreciate all the people that do sell things on this site sometimes there's a deal to be had other times I feel like folks are treating it like stuff is gold plated.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Mostly data. Since I did not grow up in the era when you can go to the junk yard and strip cars of all the parts I like to collect tags and sheets and any data I can get my hands on.
I find it interesting how many of the older fella's have stacks of fender tags in their tool box's or lots of vin tags hanging on the garage wall. Mostly copying what I see the last generation do. However I like the data. I have listed every tag I own at one point or another so if someone search's for a tag they lost and I have it I am more than happy to reunite a tag to a car. Has not happened yet.
Of course you know I am into the M46's so I'm particular to 70 BH tags.

70chall440

Reaction score
Gotcha. I have never collected tags or VIN plates although many of the cars I had did not have fender tags which even though I couldn't decode them back in the day still pissed me off that someone had removed it.

I grew up when these cars were still on car lots (used mostly) and of course you could find some in junk yards, however even back then if it was a muscle car it got stripped pretty quickly.

Back then no one really knew or cared about the VIN, fender tag or broadcast sheet. I remember I had a 70 GTX roller I bought for like $100, full car but without the engine and trans. I had for awhile and then a buddy wanted it to build bc he had wrecked his 69 GTX and although he was going to fix it, it would take a long time. Anyway, I sold the car to him and as we were pushing it into his shop I happened to notice it had a Dana....

I still have the VIN number via the mylar door sticker from my AAR around here someplace. Was a Sublime AT car with a white interior.

BSG

Reaction score
My 71 RT 4sp car is missing its fender tag which sucks cus its a higher dollar car and Ironically my 72 318 2bb ac at car that I flipped into a really nice 340 restomod is probably worth 20k still has it, but I will own it till I cant drive it... I can see how they can easily get lost as when mine was on the rotisserie there was more than once or twice I was franticly searching my desk drawers and tool boxes for it, hell its still sitting in the center console unpainted... :)

70chall440

Reaction score
At the risk of bringing down the wrath of the Mopar faithful (purists) why not just get a new tag made for your 71?

BSG

Reaction score
Who makes them? I'd do it in a heart beat! And yes give it a few minutes the purest are gonna hammer you!!! I always get a kick out of it especially the date code stuff. I've always been does nit look cool and run and drive like a bat out of hell kind of guy! But I could easily write down all the options if there's someone out there stampin them out. My old vin tag looked like hell that was fairly easy. The guy has the made in Germany I believe is what he said because of copyright issues. I don't see why its any different then the door decal? Another thing I picked up on, is a fender apron decal that looked official. I was too obsessed with finding the sport wheel and rearview mirror. Next thing I knew everyone was taking off. I didn't get a chance to check them out more clearly, only as I was walking thru on my way to the parts for sale area. Perhaps one of you experts can shed some light on what it is?

70chall440

Reaction score
There were a number of sources for new tags (despite the outrage from the purists). The one I know most went to was [email protected]

There were and probably still are other sources for them, I think Ford used a similar type tag at some point because I remember that one guy advertised them as well as Mopar tags.

I have another source but I would have to circle back to them bc I am not sure if they went forward and actually started making them. Either way one can be made.

Not sure what the last part of your post is in reference to, do you mean the green sticker that has the engine info on it?

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Or possibly import/export stickers?

Get a tag made. But please don't try to doctor up the VON or the SPD. By not trying to reproduce those numbers, anyone who does care about the tag will be able to spot that the tag is a remake immediately. Nothing wrong with remade tags as long as they are done with the intentions of not fooling the next guy who buys the car.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
As you may know I'm following M46 cars. I have 26 known to exist on my kinda registry list.
Any info or lead is greatly appreciated and I gladly share it with the world.
If some of the mopar folks would release information from their build sheet data base or fender tag data base there would be more information for someone like me who did not grow up in the times when this information was available. Not to mention the cars as well. I have not had tons of these cars. I am at 12 e bodies, 2 a bodies, 1 b body and 2 c bodies since I walked away from pontiac and started after the mopars. I had to travel to phoenix arizona just to see an ebody in a junk yard. all challengers.
Even though I have been collecting mopar stuff for 21 years now I find that it is difficult to get information so I look for any pieces of puzzles I can find.
I have one M46 fender tag that is from a car that is sadly crushed. Or at least it was supposed to have been crushed.

Back