• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Fender tag screw info 1970 Challenger

MyR/T

Reaction score
Hello. Was wondering if anyone knows if they used different fender tag screws on export cars? I've seen a couple others like mine but wasn't sure. Wanted to know for my restoration. Thanks

Resized_20170829_075455.jpeg

70chall440

Reaction score
I don't know for sure but I would not think so, that said I do remember something about there was a specific country that required screws or fasteners on the fender tag that required something other than a Philips screw driver, in other words the fasteners needed to be difficult to remove.

fasjac

Reaction score
The pan head screw is all that I’ve known about.

fastmark

Reaction score
Did they even have square head screws in 1970? I don’t think so.

R4Sedan

Reaction score
Sure is interesting. I'm not sure. Looks like its been on there a while. I like the idea of it being
harder to pull off.

Rapidfire

Reaction score
I would just keep it that way unless you find out different! Easy to replace later. The best thing is you have what the screws are holding down! JMO :)

MyR/T

Reaction score
Hello. Was wondering if anyone knows if they used different fender tag screws on export cars? I've seen a couple others like mine but wasn't sure. Wanted to know for my restoration. Thanks

View attachment 82226
I thought that too. My car was a Canadian export car. After a lot of research I found that the Robertson screw(square head) was invented in Canada and started being used in 1915 on Canadian made model T's. So that made me think it was possible that they could be factory.

budascuda

Reaction score
Robertson screws are AMAZING!
Oooooooh, Canadaaaaaa..........our home and our native['s] land....

I love this country we all call Canada.

BTW,
They are not original, Chrysler Simply wouldn't have it!

Last edited:

Reaction score
budascuda is correct, I've owned quite a few Barracuda's and Challengers that were built for Canada not one has had Robertson screws. Unlikely Chrysler would have had different fasteners for export cars

moparroy

Reaction score
I would say Robertson screws are about as likely original as a metric bolt LOL.
Yes Robertson been around in Canada a long time - and they have some advantages - but I would say no way Mopar used them in a factory in the US in 1970 - even in a factory in Canada I don't think you would see them today.
Did the car ever call Canada home? Likely someone switched them.

MyR/T

Reaction score
I would say Robertson screws are about as likely original as a metric bolt LOL.
Yes Robertson been around in Canada a long time - and they have some advantages - but I would say no way Mopar used them in a factory in the US in 1970 - even in a factory in Canada I don't think you would see them today.
Did the car ever call Canada home? Likely someone switched them.
Yes. I bought the car back to the US from Canada. The car spent its whole life there until a few years ago

MyR/T

Reaction score

View attachment 82226
Thanks everyone. I appreciate the feedback.

Back