• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

For sale ads

FNEbody

Reaction score
Why do people post ads here and not bother to respond to messages even after posting pm sent on their ad? I know the person has seen my message and my private message as it shows the times they visited forebodiesonly.com How about having a little bit of courtesy and respond to your friggen messages or don't bother posting a for sale ad.

Mopar Nut

Reaction score
IMG_0172.gif

pschlosser

Reaction score
Some of those selling parts are posting the same items across several forums, not just FEBO. And let’s not forget, we are all human. Ask the wrong question, or question something at all, and “the offer to sell to you” is withdrawn, as if they’re doing us a favor selling us a part we may not want or need. If they have a potential sale brewing on one forum, and nothing but questions on another, they may not feel the need to respond to the latter.

Some of those selling parts are selling numerous parts, as if it’s their pastime, hobby or side business. But again, we are only human. Don’t expect all sellers to act like they’re business owners, or have integrity like some business owners concerned about their reputation. I am often pleasantly surprised when I come across integrity, or sellers going out of their way to fulfill my requests. They rock. I wish there was a better rating system to track those who have done well by me.

If you want the part, be delicate and respectful. Otherwise, you may be ignored or incur the wrath of the seller in private message.

My wife makes a standing joke about our cats. When I keep calling them to jump onto my lap, and they ignore me, she says something like “they smell your desperation” and we laugh. But sellers, too, can simply switch off, when a seller hammers them with multiple messages. My advice, be patient, and willing to wait, and willing to not hear back at all from a seller.

I dislike sellers unwilling to have transparency. Some only wish to discuss a sale privately. Some will even, once an item sells, remove all content and evidence of the sale, as if they’re hiding something. I find the SOLD items, and the prices asked, very informative as to what an item may be worth. I dislike this being a public forum, but one where someone can hide things and be so private.

I do what I can to avoid unwanted attention. I’ve had things stolen from me, and I’ve been taken advantage of, when I wasn’t on the ball and keeping an eye out. Some of these sellers may be weary of similar pitfalls, or questions they deem necessary to complete a sale.

There is no real buyer protection among the market places on these forums. And as a buyer, those sellers unwilling to use PayPal is a big red flag. Most sellers unwilling to use PayPal may be doing so, because they were banned by PayPal and/or have a history of incomplete transactions. The fees they whine about are trivial, and there are work-arounds. Someone requesting a money order is an even bigger red flag. On one forum, it's even against the TOS Terms-of-service to publicly question a seller's claim about an item. Either take what they say at face value, or keep your mouth shut.

There is little accountability, here. Sellers can do (within reason) pretty much anything they want. So tread lightly. This isn't epay.

Take all of what I’m writing with a grain of salt. It is my own opinion.

There are many sellers doing a great deal for so little. Some post pictures and respond to trivial questions for a small dollar sale. To those sellers, I give my thanks and hold a great deal of respect.

Last edited:

FNEbody

Reaction score
I'm a member of all the "for" forums, a,b,c. and e. The ad i'm referring to was only posted here on this forum.

71RRhi

Reaction score
What I hate is looking on line at parts from a business. Part shows instock, make the order and they take your payment. The next day receive an email parts not instock. Seams to happen more often lately. Placed an order with a site that showed they have several mopar performance six pack air cleaner kits instock. They didn't. Now waiting for the refund. By the way if anyone has a six pack air cleaner for sale send me a PM.

pschlosser

Reaction score
...they take your payment. The next day receive an email parts not instock.
You can file a dispute on that. I know VISA has a policy the seller cannot charge you until the order is fulfilled, which means when it ships. Holding your funds while an item is on back-order they're not really allowed to do as a bonafide VISA merchant.

lainetx9

Reaction score
What I hate is looking on line at parts from a business. Part shows instock, make the order and they take your payment. The next day receive an email parts not instock. Seams to happen more often lately. Placed an order with a site that showed they have several mopar performance six pack air cleaner kits instock. They didn't. Now waiting for the refund. By the way if anyone has a six pack air cleaner for sale send me a PM.
71RRhi - FYI - I PM`d you.

hdwrench

Reaction score
sad , i like to ask questions before i buy something to be sure i’m happy with a purchase and be happy with a seller . sometimes questions go unanswered, i’m sure a seller sometimes is overwhelmed with responses , but if a seller just answered them in order received it wouldn’t be as bad . it works for me ….

Katfish

Reaction score
"And as a buyer, those sellers unwilling to use PayPal is a big red flag. Most sellers unwilling to use PayPal may be doing so, because they were banned by PayPal and/or have a history of incomplete transactions. The fees they whine about are trivial, and there are work-arounds."

I'll add my take on the above. I used to accept PayPal, and will with Friends and Family option, but with the new tax reporting, no way.
I'm always selling at a loss to begin with, I'll be damned if I'm going to pay 25% federal tax on top of that.

FNEbody

Reaction score
"And as a buyer, those sellers unwilling to use PayPal is a big red flag. Most sellers unwilling to use PayPal may be doing so, because they were banned by PayPal and/or have a history of incomplete transactions. The fees they whine about are trivial, and there are work-arounds."

I'll add my take on the above. I used to accept PayPal, and will with Friends and Family option, but with the new tax reporting, no way.
I'm always selling at a loss to begin with, I'll be damned if I'm going to pay 25% federal tax on top of that.
Same here. I always offer the pick up in person cash option, postal money orders, or paypal family and friends. I'm not going to generate a 1099 from paypal just to sell off my personal property. I ran a Mopar restoration parts biz for 20+years and many people know me. The stuff I have left here is 99% my personal stash of parts that I no longer want or need. The scammers have ruined it for the honest people is all I can say. I'm not one that knows the future, but I'm willing to say that the majority of my stuff is going to end up at the scrap yard soon because my tolerance for the parts game is at an all time low. I'm retired and the 20,000+ parts here need to find a new home.

hdwrench

Reaction score
Same here. I always offer the pick up in person cash option, postal money orders, or paypal family and friends. I'm not going to generate a 1099 from paypal just to sell off my personal property. I ran a Mopar restoration parts biz for 20+years and many people know me. The stuff I have left here is 99% my personal stash of parts that I no longer want or need. The scammers have ruined it for the honest people is all I can say. I'm not one that knows the future, but I'm willing to say that the majority of my stuff is going to end up at the scrap yard soon because my tolerance for the parts game is at an all time low. I'm retired and the 20,000+ parts here need to find a new home.
sad it is , the scammers have burdened our lives . i do business ever day on a hand shake as my father taught me .a man’s handshake is better then a contract . i wish the more people had the same principle.

i_taz

Reaction score

What's this about a 25% tax...?

Katfish

Reaction score
Big brother wants their cut.......

The Back Story: Pre-pandemic, third-party payment processors only issued 1099-K tax forms for customers with gross payments over $20,000 and more than 200 transactions. But the 2021 American Rescue Plan lowered that threshold to $600. So whether you receive a payment on a cash app for goods and services or for splitting the check at dinner with friends, expect to receive 1099-K forms for 2023 transactions during next year’s tax season. And it’s up to you to square with the IRS which are taxable income.

Back