• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Found a 74' Barracuda

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
I found a 74 Barracuda that a friend of a friend of a friend kind of deal offered to me. Man, not much out there to compare to. What's a 74' project car worth? I am supposed to go look at it this weekend. Story goes. Now has mild built 383 with 284/484 cam, has built trans, runs and drives but has been sitting for many years and many extra parts. It was parked next to a house that caught on fire. The car was not in the fire, but the heat off of the house has cooked and melted everything plastic related on the driver side.

9083(1).jpg

9092(1).jpg

9088(1).jpg

9091(2).jpg

57fury440

Reaction score
Has it run since the fire? There is a very good chance the wiring harness is cooked.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
1/2 baked fish. You would't be getting half the parts. May be a candidate for a drag car. wouldn't take too much to hot wire to see if motor is ok.

moparroy

Reaction score
Have you seen this:

That's a fair bit more than I paid for mine 24 years ago - 3 to 4 times after adjusting for inflation. Mine was a basket case but it is numbers matching - just coming close to completion now - before I retired did not really have time to work on it consistently.

When I had mine appraised for insurance last year before sending it out for paint as a rolling chassis - $20k Canadian for the full car for insurance.
At the time I was told when fully completed it would be worth around $40k $C if done well (seen them sell for less). I have over $30k $C in it now not including any of my labor which was everything but final fit, finish, paint and machining of the short block and heads. Floors and doors were good on it (few small patches) - fenders, quarters and trunk floor are new.

If that helps.

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
Still haven't had a chance to go look at it. Trying for this weekend. I was sick one weekend. Other life things happened with each of us other weekends and then he was sick last weekend.

moparmike1974

Reaction score
My concern would be warped metal and metal fatigue from heat. Once metal gets hot it rusts quick and is hard to stop. Ever notice there is always rust around welds and spot welds. That car would be a good canidate for a dip.

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
Still haven't had a chance yet. I tried again this weekend. He was busy. Maybe this weekend?

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
Finally went and looked at the Barracuda tonight. Yikes, it was worse than I expected. It was actually in the fire. The roof and structure, quarter, door and fender is warped. Entire interior is melted to nothing. Needs everything.

BriceRoad

Reaction score
Man, that really stinks. Looks like a cool car in the pics. I hope someone saves it.

57fury440

Reaction score
What is he asking for it? If the price is right and you have the skills to repair it, maybe it would be a good deal. Just about everything is available in reproduction parts. Are you looking for something to drive or are you wanting one for a full restoration?

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
What is he asking for it? If the price is right and you have the skills to repair it, maybe it would be a good deal. Just about everything is available in reproduction parts. Are you looking for something to drive or are you wanting one for a full restoration?
We were way to far apart. You could buy a really nice turn key driver for what he wants for it...

Last edited:

57fury440

Reaction score
That Barracuda would need to be a great deal. Because of the high prices these cars sell for it seems a lot of people ask crazy prices for them in poor condition.

Back