• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Found a broadcast sheet not for my 70 Challenger RT

stevepoppop

Reaction score
while looking for a broadcast sheet for my 70 Challenger RT, I was excited to find one on the back of the drivers bucket seat. Nearly perfect condition. Unfortunately the VIN doesn’t match mine. The one I Found is VIN JS23N0B112730. Is there any way to connect it to the current owner? If the car even still exists. I was so excited when I found it, my car has no fender tag and no other sheets have been found. I really want to know what my RT had for factory options

stevepoppop

Reaction score
Hers a photo of the sheet I found

image.jpg

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
The best way to reconnect it with the owner is to simply list the vin number.
If the owner ever does a google search they should find this post.

If you are looking for your build sheet I would suggest printing out your vin so that if someone else does a google search for the BS they found in their seat they might find this thread.
Also, check over at Hamtramck Historical for your broadcast sheet.
Not a fan of sending the sheet to the HH as it will never be seen again but that is an option.
Hopefully you can connect that BS to it's owner and yours finds it's way to you.

Wish it was my build sheet for JS23V0B211303

JS23N0B112730

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Yeah! E4 interior with an E5 exterior and a white painted top! That is a hot looking car!
Early build too. September second. and what seems like an early sequence number, 015881.

@stevepoppop
Does your car retain the door sticker? Does it have the production date on it? September?

70SunFun

Reaction score
while looking for a broadcast sheet for my 70 Challenger RT, I was excited to find one on the back of the drivers bucket seat. Nearly perfect condition. Unfortunately the VIN doesn’t match mine. The one I Found is VIN JS23N0B112730. Is there any way to connect it to the current owner? If the car even still exists. I was so excited when I found it, my car has no fender tag and no other sheets have been found. I really want to know what my RT had for factory options
That's great that you posted this broadcast sheet, looking for its current owner if the car is still out there. Did you look in all of the places where a broadcast sheet can be found? Barry Washington runs the 1970 Hamtramck Registry web site, and is very adept on broadcast sheets and other documentation. If you haven't already, you might want to register to join his site. His site doesn't list your broadcast sheet as found, sorry. He asks for a minimal donation and it's well worth it. These are the places that he suggests to look for broadcast sheets:
under the rear seat bottom
taped to the back side / top of the glove box insert.
under the front bucket seats in the springs
inside the bucket seat backs
in the rear seat back.
under the package tray (speaker shelf)
under the carpet

Good luck!

Last edited:

stevepoppop

Reaction score
That's great that you posted this broadcast sheet, looking for its current owner if the car is still out there. Did you look in all of the places where a broadcast sheet can be found? Barry Washington runs the 1970 Hamtramck Registry web site, and is very adept on broadcast sheets and other documentation. If you haven't already, you might want to register to join his site. His site doesn't list your broadcast sheet as found, sorry. He asks for a minimal donation and it's well worth it. These are the places that he suggests to look for broadcast sheets:
under the rear seat bottom
taped to the back side / top of the glove box insert.
under the front bucket seats in the springs
inside the bucket seat backs
in the rear seat back.
under the package tray (speaker shelf)
under the carpet

Good luck!
I'll check into that registry. Thanks. Unfortunately my car sat on a farm for over 30 years. Carpets headliner,& rear seat all were destroyed by mice.ill be checking above the glove box that's probably my last hope. Also missing the fender tag. But at least it's numbers matching 383 and 727 with the original Holley 4 barrel.

70SunFun

Reaction score
I'll check into that registry. Thanks. Unfortunately my car sat on a farm for over 30 years. Carpets headliner,& rear seat all were destroyed by mice.ill be checking above the glove box that's probably my last hope. Also missing the fender tag. But at least it's numbers matching 383 and 727 with the original Holley 4 barrel.
You're welcome and hopefully it'll be above the glove box. If not, you still have a great numbers matching Challenger!

stevepoppop

Reaction score
Well, I just ran out to check above the glovebox and no sheet to be had. 😭

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
I have found a build sheet under carpet.
Neither of these were from Hamtramck but that doesn't mean that it doesn't happen.
I have heard of one person who found one between the gas tank and the vibration mat.
Ya never know.

Is your car fe5 red also? It must have an E4 interior since this build sheet came from the seat.
Often times the seat was put together and stacked with several other seats that are exactly the same.
When the line workers would grab the seat they would just put the correct looking seat in the car and not worry about the actual vin of a car just as long as the seat was correct for the car.

Now I was not there and do not claim to know any of this as fact as I wasn't even alive. I'm only going off of what I have read and what the old timers have stated on numerous threads and in conversations.

That build sheet does indeed help you, in a round about way, prove your car was indeed a red interior car. Same SPD. Or at least very similar as your mylar states September and the build sheet also states september. Pretty cool provinance to your car. I would photo copy that sheet several times on proper paper and keep several copies with your car regardless of what you do with the BS.

If it gets sent to the registry it will be unavailable to be seen or properly photo scanned ever again.
Copy, Copy, Copy, Copy. And post on as many sites as you can.
Try posting it over on ebodies.org also.

stevepoppop

Reaction score
Neither of these were from Hamtramck but that doesn't mean that it doesn't happen.
I have heard of one person who found one between the gas tank and the vibration mat.
Ya never know.

Is your car fe5 red also? It must have an E4 interior since this build sheet came from the seat.
Often times the seat was put together and stacked with several other seats that are exactly the same.
When the line workers would grab the seat they would just put the correct looking seat in the car and not worry about the actual vin of a car just as long as the seat was correct for the car.

Now I was not there and do not claim to know any of this as fact as I wasn't even alive. I'm only going off of what I have read and what the old timers have stated on numerous threads and in conversations.

That build sheet does indeed help you, in a round about way, prove your car was indeed a red interior car. Same SPD. Or at least very similar as your mylar states September and the build sheet also states september. Pretty cool provinance to your car. I would photo copy that sheet several times on proper paper and keep several copies with your car regardless of what you do with the BS.

If it gets sent to the registry it will be unavailable to be seen or properly photo scanned ever again.
That’s an interesting thought. I assumed the seats were replaced because of the BS. When I decoded it, it showed the car as a two tone with a stripe. My car appears to have a repaint, but there is a sliver of a white stripe on the inside of the front of the passenger door. from the outside, that door paint is different than the rest of the car. That’s why I thought the BS car was a parts donor at some point. Also, the gas tank is gone from my car. I will be heavily involved in the tear down of the car and will be on the lookout for anything else I can find. Also the BS car is very similar to my car, red on red and just about everything else that I can find so far except for the wheel covers, my car has Magnum 500 wheels. I honestly checked The vin 3 times to be sure the BS wasn’t for my car. I have no fender tag or BS as of yet for my car.

Last edited:

70SunFun

Reaction score
Ya never know.

Very good points, thank you for the information!

Back