• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Glass run?

RYO5566

Reaction score
Hello!
I'm looking for this part, but I can't seem to find it.
The name of the part seems to be "rear run and retainer".
This is a rail that supports the rear of the quarter window, but the parts for the passenger seat side were not included.
Similar to the driver's seat, there is also a stay to attach the rail to the outer wheel house.
I was looking for it in various shops such as e-bay, but I couldn't find it.
My Challenger is a 70 year model.
There is also information that one side is not attached after 1971.

If you know any information please let me know.
thank you for reading it until the very end!

20221031_125446.jpg

20221031_125449.jpg

20221031_125428.jpg

20221031_125428(0).jpg

received_425439799666169.jpeg

strycker

Reaction score
My 71 has the same part and was rusted.I had heard of stories where a tree had grown through a car to the point of it being together.Well that is where I found mine.I was lucky to the point that the car had been mostly stripped but the sliders along with the felt were intact. I just had to tell the storey but a reason never came up til now.I'll ask a couple of people who may know of some but can't guarantee it

RYO5566

Reaction score
Yes, it is a 1970 piece only. It is also referred to as a Guide.
Place a wanted ad and someone may have a set. The internal rubber pieces are reproduced

Hello! Thank you for the accurate advice! The inner rubber is sold as an aftermarket part, but only the outer guide is missing.

RYO5566

Reaction score
My 71 has the same part and was rusted.I had heard of stories where a tree had grown through a car to the point of it being together.Well that is where I found mine.I was lucky to the point that the car had been mostly stripped but the sliders along with the felt were intact. I just had to tell the storey but a reason never came up til now.I'll ask a couple of people who may know of some but can't guarantee it

Hello!
Thank you for your kind reply.
The driver's seat was present, but the passenger seat was missing.
I thought about making one myself, but the shape was complicated and I gave up.
It seems that the internal rubber is still available as an aftermarket part.
I would appreciate it if you have any information.

strycker

Reaction score
Hello!
Thank you for your kind reply.
The driver's seat was present, but the passenger seat was missing.
I thought about making one myself, but the shape was complicated and I gave up.
It seems that the internal rubber is still available as an aftermarket part.
I would appreciate it if you have any information.
Buddy has a set he won't part with 1slider is rusted through and felt is gone on both.Now he is asking me where to find the replacement felt. I told him I would ask.If anyone has the e-mail for the site it would be appreciated

RYO5566

Reaction score
Buddy has a set he won't part with 1slider is rusted through and felt is gone on both.Now he is asking me where to find the replacement felt. I told him I would ask.If anyone has the e-mail for the site it would be appreciated

70 E-Body Quarter Window channel strip | Roseville Moparts

Thanks for your reply. I would be happy if you could give me the passenger side rail. It's felt but I see they still have it for sale!

Back