• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Go-Wing/Gull-Wing.

fasjac

Reaction score
Were the factory original wings for 1970-1971 E-Body's painted in Organosol?
70_ppg_dodge_exterior-blackout-paint-jpg.17973

I'm pretty sure that what was used on a repaint I had done on a 70 go wing back in 1979-80 I had painted.

Ralph

Reaction score
So, not sure a wing was optional on 73 cuda but I installed one and its flat black. Opinions, if I should paint it the dark textured organisol like I have on the tailpanel or just leave it alone.
Thanks

Marty.

Reaction score
So, not sure a wing was optional on 73 cuda but I installed one and its flat black. Opinions, if I should paint it the dark textured organisol like I have on the tailpanel or just leave it alone.
Thanks

I don't know if it was available on the 73 'Cudas or not, but if the Wing was Organosol that's what I would paint it as. JMHO. Every Wing I've seen out of the box has been painted black. Usually primer black unless it was plastic.

Ralph

Reaction score
Yep, mine was flat black out of the box and need to paint it this spring. Will probably use the black textured organisol.
Thanks

fasjac

Reaction score
I don't know if it was available on the 73 'Cudas or not, but if the Wing was Organosol that's what I would paint it as. JMHO. Every Wing I've seen out of the box has been painted black. Usually primer black unless it was plastic.
I think the 70 go wing, and 71 gull wing/spoilers were the options unless it was a 70 AAR. Could be wrong.
A quality matte black base and clear will look good in my opinion.

Back