• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Grill Color

money pit

Reaction score
Is the grill on a 70 Barracuda supposed to be light or dark argent? It's currently light argent. Thanks

Reaction score
Light argent is correct. I can take a picture of my NOS right headlight door if you need to see the color.
I have an NOS 70 Grill as well but I don't want to un box it for a picture

marks ebody

Reaction score
Just curious I have L/R NOS headlight doors and a NOS grill for a 70 barracuda in the box. What do you think they are worth?

money pit

Reaction score
Light argent is correct. I can take a picture of my NOS right headlight door if you need to see the color.
I have an NOS 70 Grill as well but I don't want to un box it for a picture
Currently my grill is the light argent. The guy that did my body work said the grill should be the dark argent. Thanks

benguin

Reaction score
Way back in 1978, when you could still order them through Chrysler-Plymouth dealers, I ordered a new center and headlight buckets- they arrived in a heavy texture dark argent, like the '71s. I was pretty disappointed, but Evidently that's what they had on hand for crash parts. (* edited the strikethrough based on MoparCarGuy's note below). I've still got them in the boxes in my garage. :)

BTW- just looked them up, with my discount at the dealer, the grille was $35.47 and the buckets were $13.99 each. I should have stocked up.

Last edited:

MoparCarGuy

Reaction score
The correct 1970 grille color for non-AARs/Gran Coupes is Dark Argent. There is quite a variance in different lighting on just how dark it is but it is always darker than the Rallye wheel center caps, the Shaker scoop, and the Cuda "shark's gill" rocker panel mouldings. More info here: Mopar Connection's "Comeback `Cuda"
Correct Grille Dark Argent on Comeback Cuda as per Gibson and Badalson 3.jpg
Correct Grille Dark Argent on Comeback Cuda as per Gibson and Badalson 2.jpg

And this perfect rendition in good lighting:
1651442461086.jpeg

Last edited:
Back