• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hard to Find Restoration Parts

CudaLover

Reaction score
I just bought a 1967 Coronet and am trying to create an R/T clone. In my never ending crusade for parts, I have found it incredibly difficult to find some of the specialty parts. I have spent hours scouring the internet for used originals, NOS, or any interchangeable parts, but can not really come up with much. In order to try and remedy my frustration, I decided that I want to start up a business reproducing quality parts. I currently work in the auto industry for a company that prides itself in quality and I too am picky about it as well. I am a senior at Purdue University in the engineering program and know that I am capable of making this happen. The only thing I am missing is what people are looking for in the market. I would really appreciate it if any of you could take the time and give me some feedback as to what you guys are looking for or anxiously awaiting to be reproduced. Thank you all for your time!

ramenth

Reaction score
Hood emblem for a '69 Sport Satellite that reads "383" instead of "318" like I've found.

msbaugh

Reaction score
oh man the list goes on and on... but there are so many companies out there its hard to say what isn't being reproduced

73Challenger

Reaction score
From one PU grade to a future grad, Boiler UP!! Long list, I will reply later with some parts I have found hard to find.

burdar

Reaction score
We E-body guys/gals have it good. I think the A-body guys need the most stuff. Not to mention the 73-74 Road Runner/Satelites.

E-body parts...

The clips that attach the 72-74 Challenger grill molding to the header panel on are NOT repopped. Those shouldn't be hard to make.

I know good heater box coars are very expensive. How hard could it be to reproduce the fiberglass boxes. 95% of the passengers side fresh air door openings are broken and 35+ year old fiberglass isn't getting any stronger.

There is a rubber bushing around the door stricker bolts. You have to look through a junk yard to find good ones.

I don't think E-body rear sway bar bushings are repoped yet.(where the bar mounts to the framerail)

Back