• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

have a new ?

olebrowndodge

Reaction score
started rebuilding front end on 73 barracuda a few weeks ago , then got side tracked by remolding on my house, now back on car and i have seem to have lost a little memory, my question is where the strut rod connects to the lower control arm is it just a nut goes there to tighten it up or did it have a washer there too ? i have a kinda of thick washers laying on each side of the car but not sure if they went there

challenger6pak

Reaction score
There is a thick concave washer that goes between the nut and the bushing.

moparleo

Reaction score
[/ATTACH] thMAGLZ7TK.jpgHere you go.

thMAGLZ7TK.jpg

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Leo. We misunderstood. He is looking at the other end of the rod. It has a washer also unless it is a special shaped nut.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
CA2.JPGCA3.JPGTwo pics got lost and the site won't let me edit my last post. Let's try again.

CA2.JPG

CA3.JPG

olebrowndodge

Reaction score
ok thanks , what i done was taken the front end completely apart to replaced everything it needed, and have a washer laying on each side of the car about 1/8 inch thick or more , thought maybe they go on that end of the strut rod but really cant remember, thats what happens when you dont stay on it and let it go for a while

challenger6pak

Reaction score
The age of digital photography has really helped in restorations. I remember taking the pics to the developer and hoping they didn't get lost. How would I ever get the car together if they got lost? When it did happen, you had to find another car that you could see in person.

olebrowndodge

Reaction score
ok figured out where the thick washers came from, they go where you bolt on the pivot shaft to car that comes out of the lower control arm, now i have another Q? i heard or read somewhere before you tighten up the pivot shaft and strut rods that the weight of the car should be sitting down with wheels on the ground and bounced up and down a couple of times,, is this true ?i have the engine out of car right now and no way will the weight be there

moparleo

Reaction score
If you are doing suspension work while the engine is out, you should just snug up the parts you replace. After you reinstall the engine, you should now go back and retighten everything with the weight on the suspension and the front wheels aimed straight ahead.

Back