• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

hellcat engine swap

trex

Reaction score
hello, trying to decide to put my hellcat engine in a 71 barracuda prostreet (drag car) tubbed backhalfed etc or i have a 72 demon i am restoring it is a true 340 car but nom but i have a nice built 340 to put in it. any thoughts on witch way to go? thanks for help and comments

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
No thoughts , I have seen many E body hellcat swaps , fewer A body swaps , a 340 Demon is a fast combo , always has been !

heminut

Reaction score
If it were me, I would go with the 340 in the Demon and put the Hellcat in the Barracuda. The Gen. III Hemi swap is a lot easier into the E bodies than it is in the A bodies. I've read most the posts on the A body swaps over on the FABO forum and those guys have had to deal with firewall and wiper motor issues that aren't a problem on the B & E bodies.

You should definitely go over to the FABO forum and read through some of the swap posts there before deciding which way to go.

Katfish

Reaction score
Here’s my 2 cents, put the HC motor in whichever car you plan to drive.
The 3G motors are just so much more driver friendly and a joy to drive. Leave the 340 for the once a month driver.

Back