• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hello, looking for a basic Cuda

340challconvert

Reaction score
dbones

:welcome: to FEBO from New Jersey
Good luck with your search for a project Cuda!
Keeping looking and you will find your dream car!:thumbsup:

budascuda

Reaction score
Who said six? Long story short.two of us were applying for a job. They told us from the get go that there only hiring one.After the interview we talk for about an hr,wondering what was taking so long.They came out and said they had a hard time deciding who to hire,they liked us both.they hired both of us.After they were done with us we talked some more and decided to get a place together. I had my challenger and all 3 types of 6 paks. He had his 6 banger Duster and built like Arnold Schwarzenegger.
or I should say Arnold wants be built like him. We
spent a lot of time in it with a gallon of wine (Spanada)
,6 packs and always a few girls. We would get a flat tire we would pick up the front of the Duster and the girls would change the tire. I should say I was the jack stand.Between working and have fun we didn't have time to change the brakes.we drove it using the parking brake to stop for months. We decide to change the brakes when we both had to open the door and each use a foot to stop the car from hitting the apartment. 😬 Do you think we had one to many! :rofl:What a fun ride 6 banger runs forever. 2 oddities in our favor. We rented from the chief of police.they liked us. 2nd a decade later we found out we were cousins by marriage. 6 banger one of the funest ride! I would never pass one up! Just my experience.
Great story, Thanks for sharing.
I had a lot of fun with my /6 challenger back in the day too!, (1988/1990)
😁😁

dbones

Reaction score
Who said six? Long story short.two of us were applying for a job. They told us from the get go that there only hiring one.After the interview we talk for about an hr,wondering what was taking so long.They came out and said they had a hard time deciding who to hire,they liked us both.they hired both of us.After they were done with us we talked some more and decided to get a place together. I had my challenger and all 3 types of 6 paks. He had his 6 banger Duster and built like Arnold Schwarzenegger.
or I should say Arnold wants be built like him. We
spent a lot of time in it with a gallon of wine (Spanada)
,6 packs and always a few girls. We would get a flat tire we would pick up the front of the Duster and the girls would change the tire. I should say I was the jack stand.Between working and have fun we didn't have time to change the brakes.we drove it using the parking brake to stop for months. We decide to change the brakes when we both had to open the door and each use a foot to stop the car from hitting the apartment. 😬 Do you think we had one to many! :rofl:What a fun ride 6 banger runs forever. 2 oddities in our favor. We rented from the chief of police.they liked us. 2nd a decade later we found out we were cousins by marriage. 6 banger one of the funest ride! I would never pass one up! Just my experience.
I learned how to drive a stick on my buddy's '62 savoy. /6 and 3 on the tree, with a radio block off plate and no driver's side mirror or reverse light. Talk about basic transportation. It was very dependable, but my buddy wrecked it.

E-BODY

Reaction score
Hey Matt, don't pass up on a Baracuda just because it's a slant six. That's just crazy talk!
In fact, regardless of what you need to change from /6 to v8 , you can possibly end up with a car that structurally, never got distorted on the account of too heavy an engine , too much horse power or too much racing (for half a century!)
As you may know, E bodies are Uni bodies and they are lite.
Also, what ever your budget is, be prepared to put a couple bucks more On top of it so you can end up with something good.
Good luck
Couple dollars more? Lol do you own a Mopar? You matter where ya go used or new reproduction or NOS you'll be paying lots of money youll need a new suspension K frame transmission new drive shaft rear end as well lol $3k for a good 8¾ rear end with 3;93 gears and a 727 SB Tranny $1,300 & a 2800 stall converter $700 & a drive shaft & yoke $800 yeah just couple hundred

budascuda

Reaction score
When grownups say " a couple dollars more".....
grownups understand what that means

Matt68

Reaction score
Matt,
Greetings from New Jersey. I got my Barracuda while out in California, but it’s a PA. car, from outside of Pittsburgh. Watch for rear frame rails and trunk floor if finding a local car. I also agree with getting a V8 car; much easier for a gen 3 swap!

E-BODY

Reaction score
Not mine
I have a 74
Where at you in Western PA ?
I'm in Detroit Michigan I'm looking for hood emblems the first set of emblems I want Cida'340+6 that was for 1971 Cuda and the 1970 Challenger 340 Six Pack TA came with 340SixPack in red o want 2 sets of them pls if you see them thank you...

rklein71

Reaction score
My dad has a 74 360 “L” code Cuda. Auto, AC. I believe it has a 318 in it now. Somewhere in the 20k range, will see what he wants for it. Send me a PM if you want further details.

moparlee

Reaction score
I'm in Detroit Michigan I'm looking for hood emblems the first set of emblems I want Cida'340+6 that was for 1971 Cuda and the 1970 Challenger 340 Six Pack TA came with 340SixPack in red o want 2 sets of them pls if you see them thank you...
This thread is about a guy looking to buy a Cuda.

If you are looking for emblems, start a WTB posting.

Back