• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hellow fellow mopar enthuists

modfly

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm a long time mopar enthusiast that just stumbled on to this forum and decided to join up. I worked as a Chrysler mechanic in the 70's in Stuart FLA at classic motors. I have restored many mopars over the years and currently have 2 E body's and 1 early A car convertible. I have a few parts laying around but nuthing fancy. I prefer manual shift mopars and all 3 that I have are standard shift. I'm not one of those fanatical detail guys but rather a "Get R done" type guy and I don't mind cars that are a little ruff around the edges, Good thing cause thats about all I can afford these days but I'm still plodding around in the hobby :toothy5:

3.jpg

!B+eS!dwCGk~$(KGrHqV,!hUEzeRg6W9YBM+u4h28Lg~~_12.jpg

!CDCGqOg!2k~$(KGrHqJ,!igE0HCkqD7CBNNL62ZvEQ~~_3.jpg

!BidGSv!Bmk~$(KGrHqMH-CsEsL1SwuF4BLP!-3Q1bQ~~_3.jpg

!CEVT8gQBWk~$(KGrHqYOKpUE0Uw,uf,VBNRg!8(I3!~~_12.jpg

28.jpg

DSC07781.jpg

DSC07779.jpg

Last edited:

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Welcome to the sight fromm the Motor City! Nice cars you have there and how did you know we liked pictures?

modfly

Reaction score
Welcome to the sight fromm the Motor City! Nice cars you have there and how did you know we liked pictures?

Hellow DetMatt1 from motor city. I'm literally on the other side of the lake from you just a bit south of Cleavland. I have recently sold afew parts to guys from the Detroit area including a vintage 64 A-833 4 speed date coded 4.2.63. Probably one of the first A-833 4 speeds produced.

I bought a 71 Challenger convertible from Detroit area 12-09, man was it ruff! It was really too far gone but I bought it anyway just so I could say that I once owned a challenger convertible. I traded it for that yellow Barracuda in my avatar last summer. The pictures are misleading as its looks salvageable in the pictures but it really was not. It needed re-bodied.

DSC06141.jpg

DSC06142.jpg

DSC06143.jpg

DSC06144.jpg

DSC06145.jpg

DSC06146.jpg

DSC06147.jpg

DSC06148.jpg

Last edited:

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Hellow DetMatt1 from motor city. I'm literally on the other side of the lake from you just a bit south of Cleavland. I have recently sold afew parts to guys from the Detroit area including a vintage 64 A-833 4 speed date coded 4.2.63. Probably one of the first A-833 4 speeds produced.

I bought a 71 Challenger convertible from Detroit area 12-09, man was it ruff! It was really too far gone but I bought it anyway just so I could say that I once owned a challenger convertible. I traded it for that yellow Barracuda in my avatar last summer. The pictures are misleading as its looks salvageable in the pictures but it really was not. It needed re-bodied.

They're all salvageable in one way or another, you still have it right? I want to say that the car looks familliar, how did you come accross it, Ebay, craigslist?
Thanks for the comment on my Dad's Challenger in my photo gallery. I do need to add some recent pics of that car as I have made alot of improvements to it over the last couple of years.

modfly

Reaction score
They're all salvageable in one way or another, you still have it right? I want to say that the car looks familliar, how did you come accross it, Ebay, craigslist?
Thanks for the comment on my Dad's Challenger in my photo gallery. I do need to add some recent pics of that car as I have made alot of improvements to it over the last couple of years.

I bought the Challenger convert off ebay 12-09. It was a lot worse than I bargained for. No I do not own it now. I traded it for a 72 Barracuda and some money. The Challenger had 3 bad frame rails and the forth needed repair. the floor pans and trunk were shot. the trans cross-member was half gone, The car almost broke in half while I was working on it. It was just too rusty for me. The guy that has it now says he will fix it but he is really just going to swap the parts onto a donor car. (re-body). It had a 340 motor but it was shot as well. Low oil pressure and bad carb. It was a 318-2V auto car originally so someone added the 340. If it had been a 340 car, or a 4 speed car or even a BB car, I may have tried harder to fix it. It was rotten in the rear spring hangers which is a critical area for a e-body convert. Has I been a younger man I may have fixed it myself as I do weld and fabricate for these cars all the time but this one was probably the rusty-est car I have ever owned.

Last edited:

modfly

Reaction score
Welcome aboard!

Thanks. Looks like you have a Duster. had a 72 340 Duster a few years back that was the "King of the Road" around here for years. I will see if I can find a pic of it. It was a street car that looked all stock but it would run a 13.30 ET on street tires @ Drag way 42.

pagilman

Reaction score
Modfly, does dragway 42 still exist? I used to go out there to the "funny car world championship" they used to call it. Had 4 lanes of racing...WELCOME Walt

challenger6pak

Reaction score
An collector is a collector car no matter what company originally made it. All of them have the same enemies and friends. I don't think you will find too many biased people here. What are the other cars you have?

modfly

Reaction score
An collector is a collector car no matter what company originally made it. All of them have the same enemies and friends. I don't think you will find too many biased people here. What are the other cars you have?

Not sure whom you are referring to but I do have another mopar but its not an E-body..but it is a convertible :thumbsup:

DSC07817.jpg

DSC07815.jpg

DSC07819.jpg

DSC07826.jpg

!cid___Preview_.jpg

Last edited:
Back