• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Help Needed - Hellcat swap into 70 Challenger

hogpowr

Reaction score
Guys / Gals,

I'm sure there are a million posts and threads on this. Any help you can provide is appreciated. I have an opportunity to purchase a 2019 Hellcat engine and auto transmission for very cheap. no PCM and i would definitely acquire a 6 speed instead of the auto. The car is already heavily modified and is already a road race track car.

My question is simply around the electronics / harness / PCM. What do i need and who makes a full harness and PCM system? Are mother mopar PCM's tunable or locked ?

I have the ability to do the fabrication and i'm not worried about the "mechanical " aspect of the swap. I just need to know what i need to make the engine run with a 6 speed in my Ebody.

thanks!

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
The best way to go is a stand alone system for the computer & harness .
There are a coupe of companies that are on top of this Bouchellion & Arrington are 2 , but there is a better one not coming to mind right now .

hogpowr

Reaction score
some searching around i've found hotwire...? I know for a while mopar was a "locked" ECU.. Do those places have a full start from scratch harness with computers and have tunability? I will be using a 6 speed , no other electronics needed..

scar426

Reaction score
some searching around i've found hotwire...? I know for a while mopar was a "locked" ECU.. Do those places have a full start from scratch harness with computers and have tunability? I will be using a 6 speed , no other electronics needed..
I've Used HOTWIREAUTO for 2 swaps now, both no issues. (5.7l and 6.4l). That being said, the 5.7l used an 05 cpu and the 6.4l used an 09 cpu I believe (Both truck CPUs for 545RFE trans). I'm not sure if Chris is doing Hellcat motors yet, worth a call to him. Also MaMopar has harnesses and CPUs for Hellcat swaps (unlocked) otherwise, a used donor CPU would be locked straight out of the donor vehicle. Good Luck!

hogpowr

Reaction score
thanks guys. I assume a new CPU could handle that i want to run a manual and would be able to eliminate things like traction control etc....

heminut

Reaction score
I believe Hotwire has been in this from the very start and probably has more knowledge than anyone else on these swaps. I would definitely go to them first!

SFEbody

Reaction score
I have the Hotwire harness in my swap. Talk to Chris over there as he has he most insight you can ever ask for. The quality of their work is off the chart and I am running the HP70-8 speed auto trans. They have a set up for this and not anyone else that I could find. Good luck

FY1TopBanana

Reaction score
FWIW I would plan to do a total rewire around the swap if you arent already on a replacement harness or other body rewire. Everything about the old factory firewall connector, fusible link protection, battery, ignition, and accessory ties in the harnesses, and Packard connectors are out of touch with the circuitry and reliability designed into Hellcat generation ECU, power mgt, and distribution logic.

Back