• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Installing 72 Dodge Challenger Door Panels (Palco/Dashtop)

SDChallenger

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 72 Dodge Challenger Rallye numbers matching 340 4-speed w/ a complete rotisserie restoration. Am currently completing a stroker re-build of the engine while doing some minor touchup on the interior. I pulled the Palco/Dashtop panel (not my purchase; previous owner's!) off the driver's side door to re-connect the remote mirror control, and now am scratching my head trying to figure out how to re-install it. The challenge (pun intended) is in getting the top edge of the door to pull up tight against the window. I can't see any place on the top inside edge of the panel to attach connectors as with original panels, and when I just re-connect the panel with the appropriate screws & bottom edge connectors there is a large gap between the panel and window. I can't believe I cannot figure this out...........I will chalk it up to 'old"zeimers. Any help for this senior citizen would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Try hooking the top of the panel on first. Then lay it against the door over the handles etc.

SDChallenger

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response, much appreciated. Should I use the same door panel upper edge retaining clips I have seen referenced in other discussions for original equipment panels?

Back