• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Installing AM/FM radio HELP!

asaprtse

Reaction score
I have a 1970 challenger RT SE that had a factory 5 speaker system W/thumbnail radio...The owner me before pulled it cause it didn't work...They took everything out and junked it... and put crappy radio into car..I JUNKED THAT!

SO im starting from scratch here...

I have NO IDEA what I need for the AM/FM thats coming in.

I did order a crossover with complete wiring hardness attach BUT it doesn't have the FADER switch..

I think I need a fader switch with a bigger plug at the end...

If someone can instruct me that would be great!!!!

70chall440

Reaction score
My 70 Challenger RT had the same I think but I never had a working radio in it. It did have a fader and cross over which I think is needed to make it all work. You might want to reach out to some of the companies that restore them, also check out the FSM electrical section.

asaprtse

Reaction score
My 70 Challenger RT had the same I think but I never had a working radio in it. It did have a fader and cross over which I think is needed to make it all work. You might want to reach out to some of the companies that restore them, also check out the FSM electrical section.
Thank you SIR!

340challconvert

Reaction score
Diagram may help!

Attachments

• radio wiring diagram.jpg
    radio wiring diagram.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 270

340challconvert

Reaction score
You should be able to enlarge the above pic if you run Microsoft word; if not, as 70chall440 suggested; download the service manual. It will have the ability to enlarge the pages.

radio wiring diagram (1).jpg

Back