• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Instrument Panel

RangerTom

Reaction score
I have no power at the fuse block for the instrument panel on a 1970 cuda. The fuse is good I have power to the headlights,wiper and dome light but no power to the panel lights. Lost on where to start to solve this issue .

bc3j

Reaction score
Not an electrical person by any means, but check the dimmer switch. Years back my panel was out and everything else worked. The dimmer switch was the issue. Had mine rebuilt (sorry forgot the exact company name) but I think JS restoration (Slotts) did it. His work was excellent. Hope this helps.

RangerTom

Reaction score
Thanks for the help . That was my next option. Not use to the older wiring in these cars, but learning fast . Will update after I check it .

RangerTom

Reaction score
It was the dimmer switch. I cleaned it and everything works fine now. Now I have to figure out why the road lights and radio don't work now.

Mad Cuda

Reaction score
Hey guys, I need help with an electrical issue. I just installed a dash reverse indicator light. The problem is that the light comes on when I turn the lights on, whether or not its in reverse. Its only suppose to come on when you put the car in reverse. I have the light power source connected to the pigtail on the backup light switch wire harness. I was told that the pigtail was for the reverse indicator light??? Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks, Sergio

SenseiYco

Reaction score
I also need help with a dash light issue. I have a 70 Challenger with the rally cluster. My dash lights are not coming on. I recently replaced my ignition switch (and wiring) in the steering column and also replaced the ignition wiring harness under the hood. Dash lights were working before I did this work. Instruments and other lights all working and fuses are good. Thanks.

Back