• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Isky Solid Bushing Roller Lifters Opinions

Heavy

Reaction score
Hello everybody been doing some reading, about Isky's new solid bushing roller lifters. Anyone have any experience or knowledge of durability, life expectancy?
All opinions welcome. Am interested in stroked 440 CI with free flowing heads and a street-able cam with mild manners. Hopping for big torque down low and seldom over
5000 RPM. Any or all information welcome. Thanks and have a good one.

tonysrt

Reaction score
If they are new maybe no one has run them yet, and probably with they way everything has been shut down no racing experience with them. But you never know, it would be interesting to get the feedback.

oldkimmer

Reaction score
I haven’t used them but I know a couple guys that do. So far so good. Have about 200 runs on them. 0 problems. Kim

TC_Cuda

Reaction score
please remember this is only my opinion

I used Isky back in the day ( about 25 + years ) I used every thing Isky cam, lifters, rockers and springs. First they sent me 9 intake rockers and 7 exhaust but anyone can make a mistake. so I called and they sent me the right parts, Then I put the engine together and while degreeing the cam I broke a solid lifter ..yes it broke... I called and they sent a new one.
After finishing the assembly ( I only used the outer springs as I had done many times ) I broke in the engine and and took it for a drive.
After about 200 miles it was not running right so I inspected everything and found a lot of metal in the pan and then took the engine apart to find the problem.
I found 10 bad lifters and pulled the cam and it was wiped
This is the ONLY cam I ever had fail and since then I will NEVER run anything Isky again.

Again please remember this is just my experience and others my have had better results, and it was 25+ years ago so thing could be different now.

moparleo

Reaction score
Even if a company has a 99.9% perfect record someone has to be that .1% Nothing made by man will ever be perfect and the market(customers) will decide if someones' product is good enough to keep them in business. Isky has made tens of thousands of cams and such for over 50 years. Still there. Must be doing something right. Heck factory rockers work fine at the rpms you are going to run. Personally a bushing makes more sense than needle bearings. The load is on the bottom side of the rocker so that is where you need the durability. Just like the needle bearings require a good oil supply it doesn't matter what type of rocker you use. Your money..

Back