• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Just when you think your making progress

douglas17

Reaction score
I thought I was starting to make progress and finely turn my parts into a drivable car.
What a time to make outrages discoveries. When I started to restore my new found (love) I didn,t know any thing about body panels, replacement, skins or full quarters. Now 20 plus years ago the parts where not of good quality. I opted for skins for the quarter panel repairs, and had my work done by retired "so called body men ".
I thought I was ready for paint . Oh my GOD. When the new shop looked at the car they started pointing out the flaws, Have you ever had your heart sink to the floor in horror.
This new RESTORATION shop sent me to look at the work they did on some other Cudas and I toured there shop and seen projects they where working on. Finding out how things have improved parts wise and finding the right people to do restoration work is CRITICAL.
Merry Christmas to me . Full new Quarter panels will be required to properly fix my baby.
Just like getting your wife a boob job for Christmas, remember to have your work done only after examining the surgeons previous clients. HA HA HA
In no way am I looking for sympathy, I just want others to know that in this hobby grave and costly mistakes can be made. Do your research and take peoples promises lightly until they show proof of there self proclaimed talents.
Happy Holidays to every one.

DSCF5914.JPG

340challconvert

Reaction score
Sorry that happened to you
Your sheet metal needs are more then mine. I am always glad to see one some willing to save another e body; good for you.
It is one of the reasons I am working on my welding skills and taking my time with my metal work (mostly trunk floor and some patching quarters & driver’s side floor)
Hard to find good work; which tends to be expensive and takes forever.
Best of luck with your cool project!

Last edited:

douglas17

Reaction score
As you can see nothing was properly supported when cutting off the old parts. the fit between quarters and tail panel looks like poop. In the door post there is no seem its filled strait across. The big thing is that the body lines on the new skins don't line up its like they where stamped **** eyed to the panel. The quarters and outer wheel house came no where close to fitting it was filled in with a patch which makes wheel lip way to wide, should I rant on

DSCF4900.JPG

DSCF1574.JPG

DSCF1592.JPG

DSCF4885.JPG

DSCF4886.JPG

budascuda

Reaction score
a botched boob job is much much worse in more ways than one.
as 340 said; sorry to see this happen to you. but it sounds like you are a kind of person who has the constitution to handle it. wish you the best of luck and also a merry Christmas.

Huskidrive

Reaction score
The same thing happened to me. I had a friend who said he knew a guy that did excellent work. He quit halfway through the project. When I found a shop to finish the job they had to redo the quarter panels and doors. The car is almost done now. I'm just waiting on getting the front end aligned and installing the shoulder belts.....
IMG_0824.JPG

Back