• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Leaf Suspension

challenger440

Reaction score
I'd need to replace my leaf springs. I'd like to eventually have drop spindles and "performance" lowered leaf springs in it. Any issue with putting in the performance leaf springs in before I get the drop spindles? My rear tires are about 1" + taller than the fronts. Hoping I can get away with it so I dont have to buy 2 sets of springs, 1 now and one later.

Any help is appreciated!

challenger440

Reaction score
Hm, didnt know that...I have a couple cracked leaves in mine now so figured a new set was in the cards anyways. The lower/stiffer ones seem to be only marginally more $$ so figured I'd go with them. Would you have to move shackles or anything after having them de-arched, or does it just "sag" a bit more.

73 kooda

Reaction score
While were talking about spings, has anyone used the relocation kits, and how big a tire can you run on the cudas?

burntorange70

Reaction score
Hm, didnt know that...I have a couple cracked leaves in mine now so figured a new set was in the cards anyways. The lower/stiffer ones seem to be only marginally more $$ so figured I'd go with them. Would you have to move shackles or anything after having them de-arched, or does it just "sag" a bit more.

No you will not need to move anything.

Cranky

Reaction score
A 275-60-15 can be used on the rear with an 8" wheel but your offset needs to be on the money because they will be close to just about everything. A 50 series will be shorter and will usually allow more clearance. On my 71, I made a set of 15x8 rallye wheels and the right side of the car was different and had to adjust the offset to prevent rubbing....the car had never been wrecked either.

burntorange70

Reaction score
Production tolerances on these cars is a little on the loose side. Always a good idea to measure both sides when craming a big tire in there.

Back