• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Lifter problem on new build

Flchallenger

Reaction score
I have a 522 stroker that was just put together. Lifter making a lot of noise so I check and I have on lifter that is soft for about 1/2 inch down. None of the others are. Friend says replace all of them. What do you think? Cam looks ok? It's a comp cam and I am guessing comp lifters. It has a XE 268H-10. I have read on comps web site this is for a low compression motor. I have 10:1 with aluminmum heads. Just looking for advice. Also the roller rocker arm is showing wear on the sides of the hold downs

final rezize.jpg

oldkimmer

Reaction score
That’s up to u if ur gonna replace 1 or all. There should be a thin shim between the rockers and the hold downs. Kim

fasjac

Reaction score
JMO, I would have to replace cam and lifters. And probably refresh the roller rockers due to the wear. I know you don’t have to but, would make me rest easier. Good luck FIchallenger

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Well this is my opinion formed only from decades of experience But Comp is junk especially in a Mopar , I would install a real cam & new lifters . You can replace 1 lifter & see how long it lasts , You will make more power with better cam brands such as Lunati Engle Hughes etc.
I like to use PRW stainless rockers on street builds Not alum rockers .

Flchallenger

Reaction score
Well I have run accross something else while looking at all this. The valve tip on two of the valves have grooves in them. Is this normal.
valvle sing comp.jpg
Could it be for oil?

Back