• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Located in the Houston Area

Fordication

Reaction score
Back several years ago I was about to buy a 72 Challenger with a 440 in it near Buffalo, NY. When I came home to get ready to buy it I found out I had a health issue and had to postpone buying the car. The owner of the car had a Steam Engine in his front yard and his Brother lives in the Houston, Tomball Area. My question is does anyone know him? Second question is, is there any folks from that area on this forum that can from time to time give me advice once I start this project. I have 74 Dodge Challenger I am building from the ground up. No rust and only a small amount of bodywork required. I need more of a technical advisor. I am building a restomod with modern suspension, electronics, engine parts, etc. The interior is going to be all brand new and the only change is I might put modern gages in the dash. The exterior is going to be pretty much stock except of course everything that attaches such as the door handles, bumpers etc, are going to be new. Pretty much a brand new car with modern parts. Let me know and I will get back to you to get your number or email address. Thanks.

moparlee

Reaction score
There are lots of guys with lots of knowledge on various aspects of builds. You might be better off just starting a build thread and posting up your progress and questions.

Fordication

Reaction score
There are lots of guys with lots of knowledge on various aspects of builds. You might be better off just starting a build thread and posting up your progress and questions.
I know but I find it better as in my other builds to have someone with more experience help me with some installation from time to time. Hands on beats asking a group of people questions then getting 40 different answers. JMO.

SFEbody

Reaction score
I would suggest browsing the "restoration" forum here. There are 100's of us that have documented our builds there. I have on my 70 Challenger, now doing a Restomod similar to you on my 70 Barracuda. If I can pass on any of my experience, feel free to hit me up

Brian

70chall440

Reaction score
I have owned Mopars since around 75 and have had many E and B bodies (currently own 2 of each). I have rebuilt many of these cars and have built my 73 Cuda as a restomod/hotrod. Point is that many of us have built a wide variety of cars with different focuses.

IMO the first thing that you need to do is get your head around what you want the end result to be and then work towards that.

Start a build thread and ask away. Note, we do love pictures.

Back