• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Location for 440-six pack emblems

wayne970

Reaction score
Where does the440- six pack emblems go on the hood of a 1970 r/t challenger?

pschlosser

Reaction score
umm, you mean, where do the hood emblems go? Shaker or rally hood? This is easily answered with a quick google search, unless you need specific details to drill holes or something.

wayne970

Reaction score
umm, you mean, where do the hood emblems go? Shaker or rally hood? This is easily answered with a quick google search, unless you need specific details to drill holes or something.
Thanks its a rally hood and wasn't sure just where to attach them

pschlosser

Reaction score
I'm sorry, I may have misunderstood. I am expecting ALL the factory rally hoods to have the little holes on either side of the bulge for the emblems. If yours does not, I know we can provide information for correct hole placement. Are you certain you have the correct emblems? Because they differ between the rally and shaker hoods.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Here's a method that's been used.
Use a large refrigerator magnet a solid sheet magnet that will stick to the hood and push the pins of one of your emblems into the magnet, mark and punch out the holes, trim around the outside to make a template of your emblems that will lay flat on the hood (this aids in placement, you can stick them to the hood and stand back and look at them). Trim the holes so that they are round, clean and neat so you can find the center of them with the center punch. Start at the rear corner of the hood and mark a line 6 inches in from the edge toward the center at the rear edge of the hood, both sides, from this point measure straight forward toward the front of the hood exactly 17 & 3/8 inches and mark a line up and down on the raised part of the bulge. This is your front to rear placement. On the driver side the rearmost part of the "K" fits here, on the passenger side the front most part of the "4" fits here. Place the template on the hood and position it as close as possible to the center of the hood bulge, make a mark through the template pin holes. Remove template, you now have the three pin hole locations. Your emblems should have small plastic covers on the pins, these are the retainers. They are intended to "snap" into the holes. To make this work the holes must be spaced exactly the right distance apart and drilled exactly the right diameter. I found a .185 drill bit to be correct (3/16). You might want to get a bit and drill a flat piece of sheet metal using your template to make sure your emblems will fit the holes before you drill your hood. Also they are hard to remove once you pop them all the way in, so be cautious there too. Attached is a pic of hood with the emblem.

challenger hood blue 440 6 pak.jpg

challenger-rt-440-sixpack  pass.jpg

Last edited:

wayne970

Reaction score
This is exactly what i have and thank you so much for the help

Back