• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Looking at Buying - Thoughts?

djlackore

Reaction score
Hey all, just sold my 73 Challenger and looking to upgrade into a true V code matching numbers car.

I am looking at the attached true V code shaker Cuda in Limelight. Engine matches but tranny does not. I am told the car is mostly a survivor minus a few things replaced and a repaint before 89.

Thoughts on the cars condition (looks to be years of grime under the car) and price? Flying out Friday to have a look.

Thanks!

rklein71

Reaction score
Interesting, appears to be an original California car as it does not have a through the valence dual exhaust.

djlackore

Reaction score
Interesting, appears to be an original California car as it does not have a through the valence dual exhaust.
Agreed, code on fender tag shows Valance with no cutouts and noise reduction package.

fasjac

Reaction score
Hey all, just sold my 73 Challenger and looking to upgrade into a true V code matching numbers car.

I am looking at the attached true V code shaker Cuda in Limelight. Engine matches but tranny does not. I am told the car is mostly a survivor minus a few things replaced and a repaint before 89.

Thoughts on the cars condition (looks to be years of grime under the car) and price? Flying out Friday to have a look.

Thanks!
Definitely a sweet car by pics. Check out everything very closely as I know you will. Good luck to you. It’s a lot of $

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Don’t let them hang any value on the term survivor for this car because it’s very far from it.
it is a nice car though and may well be worth the money especially if you pay it…:lol:

R4Sedan

Reaction score
Well, it is definetly a nice car. That is a lot of cash. I think I would be afraid
to drive it. What would be your plans? keep it as is and enjoy it.

djlackore

Reaction score
Well, it is definetly a nice car. That is a lot of cash. I think I would be afraid
to drive it. What would be your plans? keep it as is and enjoy it.
Plan would be to clean it up some and take it back to OE.
It is a lot of money so that’s why I want some opinions on if I am overpaying for the car as what it is. He will entertain offers.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
A few thing a muck! Under side of floor board fresh respray.was it worse then the under trunk area? I would rather see it as original as the under hood and trunk area..was it cleaned and rust treated.pictures before.Motor rebuilt why! crank ground 10 under or what.It was apart was it balanced? Body and paint in person evaluation.Repaint? Interior looks good a little clean up and refresh. This is not a daily driver any more.they are becoming works of art. Although I would drive for a short time to decide what to do. Transmission need work? Base the buy on you personal preference that's were you will spend the most.Myself I would clean under side and paint including k frame,trans,motor.rear and springs. New stainless steel exhaust 1k. SS or copper nickle fuel,brake line.ss parking cables master cylinder and brake booster and system rebuild 1k. Just putting rough number to it. Run the numbers. My opinion it,s about 10% high. But then their not made any more. you have a few extra 10k go for it!
Cation! master cylinder booster tends to rust from inside out. For 89k + this what I would expect to see.But then that's just me.
The Documentation: pictures and recites.Not hear say. OH YEAH DON,T OVER LOOK ELECTRICAL SYSTEM!

20210426_163745.jpg

20062012_2304.JPG

heminut

Reaction score
. I am told the car is mostly a survivor minus a few things replaced and a repaint before 89.

Thanks!
Repaint, different trans, headers, aftermarket mufflers and air shocks? Definitely not a survivor car in my book!
As DetMatt1 said, don't let them hang any value on being a 'survivor' car. Most collectors would agree, it's not a survivor car.

djlackore

Reaction score
Repaint, different trans, headers, aftermarket mufflers and air shocks? Definitely not a survivor car in my book!
As DetMatt1 said, don't let them hang any value on being a 'survivor' car. Most collectors would agree, it's not a survivor car.
Fully agree! Thanks for the words guys.

if I could snag this for around 80 does that seem like an accurate price? That’s kinda what my gut is telling me.

Challenge360

Reaction score

Thanks!
It looks to be a nice car. The owner was on ebodies.org, about a month, or two ago, asking pricing opinions. You may want to do a search.

Matt M

Reaction score
I have e-mailed the seller a few times about the car.
He seemed like a pretty decent guy
he told me 70-75 was not going to buy the car.
I like the car but needs a lot of little things. Looks to be in nice driver condition.

Back