• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

WTB Looking for 70 4 speed parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

GM70Challenger1

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I am looking at putting a 4 speed into my 70 challenger, but all I have is the transmission, bellhousing, hump, and the Z bar mount because the car was originally a 3 speed on the floor. I need everything, so if you have anything you’d like to sell let me know. I’d prefer to buy everything from one person but if I have to piece it together that is fine too. Thanks

image.jpg

huggie

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I put a 4 speed in my challenger, it was a 3 speed. Now this is a abody shifter mechanism (#6353 on reverse lever) dont buy one with is # on it if someone tries to sell it to you, it won't work in an ebody however brewers will give you $95 core charge on it ( trade in) if you buy rebuilt shifter from brewers but not sure if you can trade abody for ebody? Now if you find a old ebody shifter you also have to find old ebody shifter rods because brewers ebody fingers on bottom of their shifters (new or rebuilt) are longer and wider and need brewers longer, wider and thicker rods. I dont want you to finding out the hard way like I did. I hope this info is of some help. Packers #1 fan Hugh

huggie

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
have any luck finding shifter or rods? I found brewers has everything - probably set your self up for around $500 and there less than 8 hrs away - could run down on a weekend

GM70Challenger1

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have any luck finding shifter or rods? I found brewers has everything - probably set your self up for around $500 and there less than 8 hrs away - could run down on a weekend
I did find the shift mechanism and mount, rods, big block clutch fork, and the shift levers. I already had the pistol grip and trans so now I think all I need is everything for the clutch. Also bellhousing

huggie

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had a flywheel but when I went to buy my clutch and pressure plate I talked to a dodge speed shop owner he told me he had a 4x4 owner that kept burning up clutches he sold him a centerforce clutch disk and pressure plate he hasn't seen him since - so I bought a centerforce packege very happy with it - its not too expensive and no problems - just throwing the idea out there. #1 packers fan Hugh - ( still waiting for summer to show up damn canada )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back