• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Magenta Stripe vinyl name?

Diesel1276

Reaction score
Can anyone on here tell me which magenta color is actually correct for 70 ebodies? Ive heard Process Magenta and Fluorescent Magenta. The chrysler update from 1970 shows the magenta and green as Fluorescent colors. Thanks!

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
They were stickers and were fluorescent. The white stripe was also fluorescent.
Are you talking about
V4J lime daylight fluorescent sport strobe
or V4M Pink daylight fluorescent sport strobe
Or V9J Chartreuse 70-71 sport stripe
Or V9M Magenta 70-71 sport stripe

And, are we talking about challengers or Cuda's?

MoparCarGuy

Reaction score
Dodge and Plymouth introduction of FJ6 and FM3 paint plus the fluorescent stripes to complement those paint colors.

fj6_fm3a.jpg
fm3_fj6.jpg

PIB 10 pp1-2 Two New Colors for 1970.jpg

Diesel1276

Reaction score
They were stickers and were fluorescent. The white stripe was also fluorescent.
Are you talking about
V4J lime daylight fluorescent sport strobe
or V4M Pink daylight fluorescent sport strobe
Or V9J Chartreuse 70-71 sport stripe
Or V9M Magenta 70-71 sport stripe

And, are we talking about challengers or Cuda's?
So im trying to discover the proper color for the magenta r/t stripe that ran the length of the body on panther pink 70 challengers. Im doing a custom stripe on a different model thats panther pink and want the correct magenta. Thats why i asked about the two types because ive gotten different answers to the right name of 3m stripes. Thanks everyone!

Diesel1276

Reaction score
So im trying to discover the proper color for the magenta r/t stripe that ran the length of the body on panther pink 70 challengers. Im doing a custom stripe on a different model thats panther pink and want the correct magenta. Thats why i asked about the two types because ive gotten different answers to the right name of 3m stripes. Thanks everyone!
I am referring to the horizontal magenta sport stripe that was available on challenger R/Ts in 1970. I want to make sure I'm getting the proper color name when these cars were restored. One stripe has a name of Flourescent Magenta and the other is Process Magenta. I want to use the color for a different stripe kit on a custom project.

IMG_7796.png

Back