• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Making Progress

Cuda360-4

Reaction score
I continue to improve things. One thing at a time: headers, door panels and trunk…..

8185363F-2740-4DE7-A314-432555176631.jpeg

B3C58A21-1743-438A-8B97-F88E5D9021D6.jpeg

E831EFE3-BFC9-4382-8204-F2F83EAD0ADD.jpeg

14E57195-F2F7-4A83-A46A-6950E8A273F0.jpeg

04998034-08B9-431D-82B0-89F06A844FA0.jpeg

54363941-0B9D-4227-9B68-6E510164278D.jpeg

A7F74D41-1699-40A9-A504-152767BC02F8.jpeg

971ED2C2-0EAC-455B-964E-B8221FEDD173.jpeg

Ronbo73

Reaction score
Nice work. Looks great. Where did you purchase the door panels from?

Ronbo73

Reaction score
Did you buy the qtr interior trim panels and A-pilar panels from year one also? Were they the premium injection molded or the standard vacuum formed panels?

pschlosser

Reaction score
Nice looking headers and exhaust. Well done. I love me a convertible. I miss my old beat up 318 manual top. Good times. A rallye spare is a nice touch.

edit: maybe it's not a convertible. then nice lighting on those interior pics!

Cuda360-4

Reaction score
Did you buy the qtr interior trim panels and A-pilar panels from year one also? Were they the premium injection molded or the standard vacuum formed panels?
The only thing I replace were the door panels. Everything else is OEM, including the A pillar plastic pieces. The original interior was burnt orange and in really bad shape (almost nothing on this car is "numbers matching." I built the car I wanted).

In the early nineties I bought used black OEM interior plastic pieces and replaced everything that was plastic except for the seat backs. I painted the metal pieces black and used special paint to change the seatback color (They were ugly both before and after painting). I bought replacement backs when I put new cushions in the seats last year. All of the pieces I purchased were in great shape except the driver's door, which was faded and most of the grain had worn off. I replaced both door panels because they came in pairs.

If you'd like, I can take a photo of the door panel with the door closed against the OEM panels to show how close they are in appearance.

Cuda360-4

Reaction score
Nice looking headers and exhaust. Well done. I love me a convertible. I miss my old beat up 318 manual top. Good times. A rallye spare is a nice touch.

edit: maybe it's not a convertible. then nice lighting on those interior pics!
Thank you. It is not a convertible. The camera on the new iPhone is fantastic at averaging the exposure to eliminate dark and light areas.

Ronbo73

Reaction score
Both my front, rear and A-pillar interior trim panels are crumbly and not so white anymore. So I need to purchase all. I was looking on the YR1 website and they have two different options for the panels, premium which is half the price of the standard set. Do you remember which type you purchased?

Cuda360-4

Reaction score
Both my front, rear and A-pillar interior trim panels are crumbly and not so white anymore. So I need to purchase all. I was looking on the YR1 website and they have two different options for the panels, premium which is half the price of the standard set. Do you remember which type you purchased?
Got ya. I did not realize they had cheaper ones. These are the panels I bought: 1970-1974 Plymouth Cuda Door Panels

"These premium reproduction front door panels are made from injection molded plastic just like the originals. Feature the correct grain. Include inside window felt already attached to panel. Does not include armrest pads, emblems, or door panel woodgrain. Works with manual or power windows. Sold as a pair."

Ronbo73

Reaction score
Those are the cheaper ones... The "standard" ones cost double.. Thank you for your input and pictures of your interior. With the cost of parts so high, I would hate to buy parts that don't look good and then being always disappointed in what was purchased.

Cuda360-4

Reaction score
Those are the cheaper ones... The "standard" ones cost double.. Thank you for your input and pictures of your interior. With the cost of parts so high, I would hate to buy parts that don't look good and then being always disappointed in what was purchased.
Oh wow. I can't imagine how they could be nicer. I bought armrests that were $180 that were horrible. I sent them back and paid $80 for the ones you see in the photos above, and they are nicer than the originals, so you never know till you see them for sure. The first three photos below are of the expensive ones that I sent back and the last one is the cheap one.

old 3.jpg

old 2.jpg

old.jpg

new.jpg

Ronbo73

Reaction score
Yes, the expensive ones were not good. The cheaper set look really nice and fit perfect. YR1 doesn't sell the armrests in white, only black. ;'(

Cuda360-4

Reaction score

Ronbo73

Reaction score
Thank you again. I will try them as well. I just saved them to my wishlist. Have to save some money now, work lots of OT....

Kez

Reaction score
Looks GREAT!!! I will have to try Vans for armrest pads for my white interior - thanks for the tip!

Ronbo73

Reaction score
I purchased the door panels, quarter trim panels, A-pillar, arm rests and visors from Vans and they all look great. The best part was the free shipping on everything except the arm rests for some reason. I saved a bunch of money with the free shipping. Very happy with the looks. Matched them to my very crusty and sun beat panels and all holes seem to be in the right spots.

Cuda360-4

Reaction score
I purchased the door panels, quarter trim panels, A-pillar, arm rests and visors from Vans and they all look great. The best part was the free shipping on everything except the arm rests for some reason. I saved a bunch of money with the free shipping. Very happy with the looks. Matched them to my very crusty and sun beat panels and all holes seem to be in the right spots.
Excellent! 👍 nothing like new parts!

Back