• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

MCACN and Gilmore Car Museum

Plowman

Reaction score
688A378B-0E64-42D5-9C99-6CF7F3E6CC2B.jpeg

ZippyZoo

Reaction score
True - it’s an amazing place. We vacationed in MI last year. Timed it so I could hit Corvette Envy and Mopars at the Red Barns events. Planning to be there again this summer, too.

Plowman

Reaction score
True - it’s an amazing place. We vacationed in MI last year. Timed it so I could hit Corvette Envy and Mopars at the Red Barns events. Planning to be there again this summer, too.
They opened the new section of the classic car of America building. I help Gilmores with their muscle car display and judge their mopar show

Mopars & Missiles

Reaction score
I can vouch for the museum, top notch awesome displays everywhere you look. Automotive overload at its finest, and I didn't even see half of it. Not enough time. But I'll be back again, no question.

Plowman

Reaction score
I can vouch for the museum, top notch awesome displays everywhere you look. Automotive overload at its finest, and I didn't even see half of it. Not enough time. But I'll be back again, no question.
They change the displays every year or two

Mopars & Missiles

Reaction score
They change the displays every year or two
Yes, I've noticed that. I've been there 4 or 5 times already. Mopars at the Red Barns is on my schedule EVERY year now.

Took this home with me last year!

P7240027.JPG

This one came home with me in 2019.

P4190014.JPG

Last edited:

Plowman

Reaction score
Ok! I was the head judge also came up with the idea of the can. I had three other guys helping me. A,Mopar club did run the show but Gilmores took it over. I got roped into judging also. The same cans will be in this year show. I’m pretty sure I personally judged yours cause I did the E bodies

Last edited:

Mopars & Missiles

Reaction score
Ok! I was the head judge also came up with the idea of the can. I had three other guys helping me. A,Mopar club did run the show but Gilmores took it over. I got roped into judging also. The same cans will be in this year show. I’m pretty sure I personally judged yours cause I did the E bodies
I had my '53 Dodge pickup there last year for the Top 20, my E body hasn't been there for about 5 years or so now.

BTW, we really liked the "Oil Can" awards last year. Very different than most!

Plowman

Reaction score
I had my '53 Dodge pickup there last year for the Top 20, my E body hasn't been there for about 5 years or so now.

BTW, we really liked the "Oil Can" awards last year. Very different than most!
Ok I tried to pick an A B C E truck, modern, modified, pre 62, pre 50 pre 40 I picked the best of show which was a Chrysler 300.? It will be the same this year

Plowman

Reaction score
Ok I tried to pick an A B C E truck, modern, modified, pre 62, pre 50 pre 40 I picked the best of show which was a Chrysler 300.? It will be the same this year
Actually, there is not enough time to do a great job you have 350 to 400 vehicles and just don’t have the time

Mopars & Missiles

Reaction score
Actually, there is not enough time to do a great job you have 350 to 400 vehicles and just don’t have the time
I've been a judge in the past as well (much smaller all makes show) and I agree, it is a very difficult job no matter how organized you are. We used a 5 man team (each judged a separate section of the car) and then results were combined to come up with a point total for the car. Cars were divided into different classes, high points in class was 1st, next 2nd, and so on. With about 75 cars entered, we could only spend about 5 minutes per car doing the judging, then we HAD to move on. With those guidelines, we still spent over 5 HOURS non stop completing the judging. We were exhausted by the time we finished.

So, I know what you have to go through to judge a show as large as yours. I'm just glad its you doing the judging instead of me.

Good job! :thumbsup: and :thankyou:

Plowman

Reaction score
I've been a judge in the past as well (much smaller all makes show) and I agree, it is a very difficult job no matter how organized you are. We used a 5 man team (each judged a separate section of the car) and then results were combined to come up with a point total for the car. Cars were divided into different classes, high points in class was 1st, next 2nd, and so on. With about 75 cars entered, we could only spend about 5 minutes per car doing the judging, then we HAD to move on. With those guidelines, we still spent over 5 HOURS non stop completing the judging. We were exhausted by the time we finished.

So, I know what you have to go through to judge a show as large as yours. I'm just glad its you doing the judging instead of me.

Good job! :thumbsup: and :thankyou:
Yea, don’t really get a chance to enjoy the show. I help Gilmore with their muscle car display and most of the cars I have got for them. I have my 70 super bee but recently sold it so probably won’t be there much longer. The guy that bought is from S.C. So who knows when he is going to make arrangement to pick it up. I had no intention in selling it but stu0pid money talks. It has been in there five years (stock concours gold car) tired of seeing just set there. I do have a 78 T/A I drive four spd with 22,000 miles so I will just have fun with it. I also conducted their muscle car tour when they had the hoods up. I actually do quite a bit for them.

Last edited:
Back