• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

motor mount

napaguy

Reaction score
question about motor mount on my 72 challenger. the right side fits great the left side has a problem. the two front bolts fit fine the back bolt has about a 1/2 inch gap between the bracket and the engine block. I put washers in it to take up space. is there suppose to be a spacer between the bracket and the block? also when putting exhaust manifolds on, in the bolt kit I have, there is one stud that has a nut on it while there is a smaller end that protrudes. is there a special place for this bolt?

rogue

Reaction score
You don't have a 318 mount on a 340/360 do you? they're different. Stubs should go front and rear as they go directly into the coolant passages

napaguy

Reaction score
you are right. car was a 318 originally. it had 360 in it when I got didn't know brackets were different. now need to find a 360 bracket thanks

tonysrt

Reaction score
I needed a 360 mount so I checked with Summit, Rock auto and they had different #'s for left & right mounts for the 360. I called the co. that makes them, might have been dorman, but their not the right ones for a 360 or 340. The guy apologized for their mistake and said they don't have the right mount. You might find nos with an old auto parts dealer. Either used or Schumacher mounts.

Back