• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Need a wiring guy for my race/streetcar....

mmissile

Reaction score
I'm at a standstill on Krusty, as my wiring guy cannot get to it anytime in the near future. I need someone to tie new front and rear harnesses, into a racecar style system. I'll need turn signals [toggle switch] and brake lights, along with the charging system and everything associated with a normal racecar. The closer to SE Michigan, the better.

Thanks, Mike.

Tig

Reaction score
I used 2 wiring kits from painless, a stock one and an 8 circuit race one (no longer available, 10 circuit only AFAIK). I completely removed all original wiring as it wasn't in very good condition. Painless stuff is easy to use as the wires are marked for the circuit. I did do some modifications as I ran a larger starter motor wire and a neutral ring around the car. I also bought a load of weather proof connectors for anything that had a plug and socket. The Electronic stuff is on Deutsch connectors. I changed all the lamps to LED's (bar the headlights, which is on the list for conversion) and a headlight relay upgrade
The stock one took care of all the stock stuff and was fitted under the dash. The race one is fitted in the trunk and does the fans, water pump, fuel pump, data logger, line lock. Which left 3 spare circuits. A bit overkill admittedly but it works very well and has provision to grow as I intend to fit a nitrous system and controller in the future.
HTH's.

mmissile

Reaction score
Thanks. I need to farm it out, as I have too many projects going. Getting old, really takes it's toll on the amount of stuff I can handle....

Tig

Reaction score
i know what you mean, I'm retired so have the time, it's just sometimes I need the energy. :D

Back