• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Need help making decision

Reaction score
I can see that happening, I've loved these muscle cars - like most of you since I was a teen. You are all right I should focus on fun and what I want..... however keep your advice coming. Thanks all

Yeah, well, bud, some folks like to take offense when none is given.

I know it's your time, your money, and your project, and it's all up to you, but from where I'm sitting I'd like to see you buy the car and build it the way you want it.

Chances are, the idea of re-selling it in a few years will be forgotten. You'll fall in love with it and won't want to part with it.
:thumbsup:

Reaction score
I can see loving is so much I won't be considering selling it for a long time. But pleas keep the input coming - I really do appreciate the opinions.

moparleo

Reaction score
You should have enough input by now. So what will it take to make a decision ? If you are really not sure yet, give it a rest , there is always another car. Lighten up and don't forget to post lots of pictures no matter what you get.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Here is how I buy the cars I buy and occasionally sell. You can copy any or none of this. I would rather tell people what I do instead of telling them what to do. I have 1 Cuda. I don't follow the Cuda market. I do follow the Challenger market. When I am in the market to purchase I start following cars that sell. I save a pic and the selling price of the car. I also make notes of any particulars that I need to know about the car such as options, original parts, etc. After you do this for a few months you will see value patterns. You will know what a car is worth and what you can get out of it at a given time. One thing that is tough is looking at a car and knowing what it will cost to do the car. This allows you to do the math on whether or not the car is worth doing. Sometimes this can be a decision that has to be made on the spot looking at a car. If the car is a good deal and you hesitate it will sell to someone else. If you jump in too quick, you could lose. The real way to know this is time. I have restored more than 50 Ebodies. You can hand me a bolt or a nut and I can tell you where it goes on the car. The car market can be a lot like the stock market. If you are in it to have cars that hold their value and appreciate in value, buy the most valuable car you can afford. Basically anything that came with more than one carburetor from the factory. If you are buying a car for fun and you don't ever plan on selling it, buy the cleanest car you can find. If you are not a member of a local car club, join one and become friends with someone who really knows the cars.

Back to your Cuda in question. Does it have any rust? If so where? How is the rest of the car? How is the interior? etc. I know you wanted to change colors. How is the dash pad? That is the big ticket item in most interiors. How does the car run? How is the exhaust?

I am trying to learn what you know how to do and what condition the Cuda is in.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
I was just looking at the pics again. It looks like it says Barracuda on the tail light panel. It also has a flat hood. Are you sure this is a 340 car? Is this car in FL? I would not do a rotisserie restoration to this car. I would take the drive train out, redo the suspension, do the body and paint work, and put it back together with a fresh interior.

mopar4me

Reaction score
Me too, I agree with Rameth, and I just have to say come on guys!! Just as the saying goes, every one of us has an opinium and is entitle to use it, we might not like; But is our choice make, and if any one ask's for help making a decision in public he's going to get an ear full, to say the least. And for my 2 cents you should do what makes you happy, and if thats not the case, it should only be to make your wife, children, or family happy, because in the long run that is what really matters, because when your gone thats all they are going to remember, those happy times...

Bill

Reaction score
Somehow, you can tell we are in the middle of winter. :hmh:

Reaction score
I went for it. I'm excited and scared to death - but its only money. I've lost more in the stock market and home value. This will be a lot more fun than either. I will post the details when I get time to type it all up. By the way the fender tag has A6X that means black interior right. I don't know how it came to have a white interior. The seats have cloth panels in the seat and back, white vinyl all around and back? Factor, dealer installed? If correct the black conversion would make it correct.

"Somehow, you can tell we are in the middle of winter." I know - I had to put on longer shorts today down here. I know when I have a hurricane bearing down on me - I will wish I was up north.

Bill

Reaction score
Congrats on the car!!!
Vermont is a great place to live, raise a family and grow old. Oh, and a great place to restore an old E body.:D
I went for it. I'm excited and scared to death - but its only money. I've lost more in the stock market and home value. This will be a lot more fun than either. I will post the details when I get time to type it all up. By the way the fender tag has A6X that means black interior right. I don't know how it came to have a white interior. The seats have cloth panels in the seat and back, white vinyl all around and back? Factor, dealer installed? If correct the black conversion would make it correct.

"Somehow, you can tell we are in the middle of winter." I know - I had to put on longer shorts today down here. I know when I have a hurricane bearing down on me - I will wish I was up north.

moparlee

Reaction score
Congrats to you and the wife on the purchase! Just take your time and have fun no matter what you do. Need more pics when you have time.

Reaction score
Hello,

I am a total purist at heart but in my humble opinion, I agree with some of the folks out here that it is your car to put your personal touches to. The only thing I would say is to keep all the number matching parts should someday you want to return it to its original condition! Other than that, Have a ball and enjoy it!!!!

Reaction score
Yes I definitely will keep the original parts. For example - I am going to put on bumpers from a previous year because of the large rubber pieces. I will save the originals and store them. If you guys can remember your first classic project, I am curious when will I be able to turn off my brain and get a good nights sleep again ;-) or am I just weirder than average.

Hello,

I am a total purist at heart but in my humble opinion, I agree with some of the folks out here that it is your car to put your personal touches to. The only thing I would say is to keep all the number matching parts should someday you want to return it to its original condition! Other than that, Have a ball and enjoy it!!!!

Reaction score
300.jpg

You are NOT going to believe this... The car was 98% done. I had a a restoration guy finishing up the AC and he was down to installing a new fan switch. I was going to have the car fully go to go in another week after 2.3 years of time and Money. And I find out on Fri the 13th that the building where the work was being done's roof collapsed and landed on my car. I did have it insured every since it looked good enough to steal (thank god ...and common sense). I just found out they did total it... I'm waiting now to see what the buy back cost will be. I have to decide now if i want to buy it back and repair it, or take the money and buy a finished car. I don't think I have another 2 years of patience left in me, for another full restoration. If I can fine a 70 71 in my price range I think that will be my best choice.

300.jpg

Back