• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New in town

Baraz

Reaction score
I finally get to introduce myself, I just bought a 70 challenger on Ebay, burnt orange, matching burnt orange interiors. I probably paid her a bit more than I intended to, but I always wanted one, I though this was going to be the right one...
After many years abroad I left my job as technical manager in a hydrographic survey company to start a new activity, I opened up a new business, I now import cars from the US, mostly mustangs...despite the crisis and the bad economy I have a few cars coming (well, one is mine), a 66 coupe, a 67 convertible, a 68 coupe, a 2011 Shelby GT, a 68 Fastback with the 390 and the number (I hope) may be increasing...
I always had a thing for classic mopars, pretty much everybody's wet dream here is a 68/69 charger, my generation grew up with the Duke's of Hazard, so, no surprise...but the challenger was different...

I just wish I had more time...my current projects are a 42 Cadillac Sedan Deluxe and my 67 Mustang coupe...The chally is going to be next...

I'm kinda new to the classic mopar world so every possible advice is more than welcome....

will keep you posted on the progress of my restoration...

Ray

Reaction score
Welcome. Post some pics when you can.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from the Motor City! I am about to start on my Dble burnt Orange `70 340 project, black top and rump stripe. Did you get yours recently? Any pics?

Baraz

Reaction score
Just bought it last night, so it's a loooong way before she gets to her new home... Still have to wire transfer the money, prepare a bill of sale, ship her across the US to NY, clear customs, load her in a container, about 3 weeks to cross the ocean...land in Genoa, clear customs, PAY TAXES AND IMPORT FEES :eusa_wall::eusa_wall: I hope she'll be here by the end of January

The fender tag reads:

Code Description
E61 383-2 Barrel
E32 Unknown At This Time
JH29
J = Dodge Challenger
H = High
29 = 2 Door Sports Hardtop

L0B
L = 383 290HP 1-2BBL 8 CYL
0 = 1970
B = Dodge Main, Hamtramck, MI, USA
200207 Sequence Number '200207'
FK5
Paint Code: Dark Burnt Orange Metallic / Deep Burnt Orange Iri
HRK4
Trim Grade/Style/Color
H = High
R = Vinyl and Leather Bucket Seats
K4 = Burnt Orange
000 Upper Door Frame: Full Door Panel
B21 Date Built: 11 / 21 / 1969
145038 Order Number: 145038
V1G Roof Type OR Color: Full Vinyl Top - Black Gator Grain
A01 Light Package
A04 Basic (Radio) Group
C16 Console w/ Buckets
C26 Over Head Roof Consolette
C55 Bucket Seats
G33 Left Hand Outside Mirror - Manual / Chrome
H51 Single Air /w Heater
L31 Hood / Fender Mount Turn Signal
M21 Roof Drip Rail Moldings
M31 Belt Molding 69-70
R11 Music Master Radio AM
V5X Black - Mouldings - Protective Insert Body Side
Y05 Built to U.S. Specifactations
26 26 in. Radiator
EN2 End of Codes Assembly Line 2

7.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

english68

Reaction score
Hi Baraz. Have you thought about importing to Europe by bringing into the UK with historic vehicle status? For those that qualify there is no duty and only 5% VAT.

Pre-1950 is guaranteed. Pre 81 (30yrs & older) is by agreement. If the Chally is matching #s, or is special in some other way, or there is a special reason for bringing it in, you may qualify....

Just a thought, something to look into - I'm not an expert though.

Good luck.

Baraz

Reaction score
Hi Baraz. Have you thought about importing to Europe by bringing into the UK with historic vehicle status? For those that qualify there is no duty and only 5% VAT.

Pre-1950 is guaranteed. Pre 81 (30yrs & older) is by agreement. If the Chally is matching #s, or is special in some other way, or there is a special reason for bringing it in, you may qualify....

Just a thought, something to look into - I'm not an expert though.

Good luck.

never actually thought about it, I should have someone in the UK to follow the shipment through customs and all...plus shipping to Italy is probably another 1000/1200 euros at least, for cheap and project cars may not be worthy...customs and import taxes in Italy is now 10% (on declared car value+transport) plus another 21% VAT... they're trying to squeeze every single cent from every single import..and our new government is bla bla about rising VAT to 23%, damn!! not cool!!! :sad11:

at the end of the day this car in Italy is going to cost me ((8600$ (purchase price) + 2000 euros to ship it to italy ) +10% ) +21% VAT =total 11000euros more or less, add another grand to ship it from kansas to NY and there you go, 12K euros, approx.16K$, not bad for a project, huh???

Last edited:

btceng

Reaction score
Welcome. That's a lot of money for only a down payment on a project. Looks like a good project with a lot of fun to come. Good luck with her.

Baraz

Reaction score
Sure is a lot of money, the market here is a bit different and so are car prices.. I'll try to minimize restoration costs as much as I can.. I noticed costs of parts is unbelievably high compared to fomoco... What scares me is that to those prices I'll have to add shipping and taxes..

Last edited:

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Those will be some hard pills to swollow, hopefully you will forget all about it when the resto is finished and you're tooling around the Italian roads in that beauty.

btceng

Reaction score
Sure is a lot of money, the market here is a bit different and so are car prices.. I'll try to minimize restoration costs as much as I can.. I noticed costs of parts is unbelievably high compared to fomoco... What scares me is that to those prices I'll have to add shipping and taxes..

Yeah. I have 68 Firebird as well as my 72 Challenger. The GM parts are cheap (literally) and plentiful. How cool is it to think about that Challenger of yours cruising the countryside, out-shining those Italian stallions?

Baraz

Reaction score
well, there are many more american car than you would think around here, i'm linking to a few pictures take during our meetings...
foto0128a.jpg

foto0115j.jpg

P8060164.JPG

DSC05673.jpg

DSC05671.jpg

DSC05677.jpg

DSC05688.jpg

DSC05695.jpg

DSC07460.JPG

IMG_0794.JPG

IMG_0795.JPG

IMG_0801.JPG