• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New mopar restoration TV Show

CoronetRTguy

Reaction score
Awesome its about time to see a Mopar show and no chevys or fords. I jsut emailed them and said bring it on as I cant wait. I told them to promote it as well on the boards.

shadango

Reaction score
I saw this show being talked about elsewhere a while back....I watched the online videos...

truthfully, the ones I saw were mostly yapping and clowing around....not a lot to do with cars...but maybe thats just the one or two I watched?

I tried the link again and I get a screen that says the videos and web content are reserved for private viewing right now...

WTF

I would love an all mopar show though. One that showed the cars and working on them though, not just sitting in the background while the hosts good off...

Just my two cents.

CoronetRTguy

Reaction score
I saw this show being talked about elsewhere a while back....I watched the online videos...

truthfully, the ones I saw were mostly yapping and clowing around....not a lot to do with cars...but maybe thats just the one or two I watched?

I tried the link again and I get a screen that says the videos and web content are reserved for private viewing right now...

WTF

I would love an all mopar show though. One that showed the cars and working on them though, not just sitting in the background while the hosts good off...

Just my two cents.

If they took the link down or anything that could mean good news and that would be the show was picked up.

There was a guy on youtube (survival in the wild) that made videos and he had a chance to try out for a tv show. This guy knows his stuff on the outdoors and ran a lot of camps for kids.

He got the job and was no longer allowed to post videos and I think his web site was pulled and maybe all the old videos.

They wanted him to be linked to the show and close his shop for camping and survival gear and his forum.

This could be whats happening here as any tv station is going to want the most control they can get over the show and promote it the way they want to.

I have not tried the link but will to see if I get the same thing and I will look at youtube.

I think also if you just stick to cars 100% your not going to get a wide span of viewers you have to have the drama and kidding around.

If they dont get that on the show then there will be no show and that means we will be watching more Chevy and Fords with chip foose or someone else and the Mopar brand will fall to the side again.

shadango

Reaction score
Could be that they got picked up.

But like I said, I hope they have (way) more car content.

The couple shows I watched , there was maybe 2 minutes of a car in a garage as they clowned around...the rest was answering reader mail......and it was just clowning and joking. I kept wondering what was so "mopar" about the show.

I wont tune in to a "car" show like that.

Just because there is a mopar on their site and they claim to be about
mopars, its not good enough for me....I want to see mopar content.

I stopped watching American Choppers for a while bacause they had mostly drama and goofiness on.....the newer shows are a bit better.

A little clowning and such is fine. But I wont waste my time sitting there watching guys play grab@ss and insult each other with little to no car content.

Just sayin'.

Like I said, maybe its just the couple I watched. After watching a couple I wasnt interested in watching more.

Cool graphics on their page though.

Foose and the other show...where they rescue wrecks, fix em and auction them (cant think of the name) have had several mopars on.......

Last edited:

CoronetRTguy

Reaction score

The couple shows I watched , there was maybe 2 minutes of a car in a garage as they clowned around...the rest was answering reader mail......and it was just clowning and joking. I kept wondering what was so "mopar" about the show.

I stopped watching American Choppers for a while bacause they had mostly drama and goofiness on.....the newer shows are a bit better.

A little clowning and such is fine. But I wont waste my time sitting there watching guys play grab@ss and insult each other with little to no car content.

Just sayin'.

Like I said, maybe its just the couple I watched. After watching a couple I wasnt interested in watching more.

Foose and the other show...where they rescue wrecks, fix em and auction them (cant think of the name) have had several mopars on.......

I think your missing what the youtube channel is and its a podcast. Thats not the show. That is just something they get to answer reader mail and do what ever they want if its talk about sports to cars.

The shows have not been shown at all. The only thing we get to see is clips of the show and thats the promotion of it.

The youtube channel is not the show just keep that in mind. We all can start a youtube channel and do a few shows as I have done myself.

I think if they get it on the air its going to have drama if not it wont be picked up lets face it thats what sells and keeps us coming back.

The show your talking about was with Barry (White I think) where they redid muscle cars or so called muscle cars and resold them at auction.

I think foose has done maybe two Mopars.

shadango

Reaction score
Yeah, Barry White....Wrecks to Riches. I think they did 3 mopars out of the 10 or 12 or so they did....(cant recall the number)...they spread out the makes/models.

All I can say is that their webcast, then, turned me off.....

If the show is a real show, with projects, tips, tricks, how to stories about mopars, and not a lot of grab @ss then I'm there. :)

I just wonder how they will do an entire show about Mopars only.....

My guess is it will morph into a show more like the ones on horsepower TV...multiple makes. models etc.

Like you said, they are going for a wide demographic.

"mopars only" will appeal to a limited audience, though we would be in heaven.

Found some of their casts here:

http://www.vimeo.com/8105596

Last edited:

spchallenger340

Reaction score
Episode 5 - Give them time to get this show off the ground, it is the only MOPAR show out their, give them some good feed back on what you would like to see more of, why not try to build them up not tear them down, a lot of this show is on Marks dime! the crew of this show eats sleep and bleeds Mopars, :cool::cool:

74CudaDave

Reaction score

Just sayin'.

I have to agree with you on this one. I like the idea of the show, but the first 3 episodes I watched were mostly fluff - one was more concerned with a pumpkin carving contest AFTER Halloween which consumed most of the show - actual car work was minimal. Joking and fun is good, but do it while working on cars, not driving around looking for pumpkins.

Dave

shadango

Reaction score
Episode 5 - Give them time to get this show off the ground, it is the only MOPAR show out their, give them some good feed back on what you would like to see more of, why not try to build them up not tear them down, a lot of this show is on Marks dime! the crew of this show eats sleep and bleeds Mopars, :cool::cool:

I dont think anyone is trying to tear anybody down.

We were asked for feedback, so we are giving it.

FWIW, I am in the video industry myself and as a Mopar addict I was very excited to see a show like this.....I watched the teaser and then the first episode when it first came out and had the same feedback back then.

I was told then that I missed the "point" of the show....it wasnt meant to be a show aboyt the work on the cars, but the characters instead.

Well, the draw for me was Mopars.....just not enough Mopar content there for me to stay connected....as was said, I am not looking for another sopar opera to watch....LOL

I will monitor them to see of the formula changes at all.

spchallenger340

Reaction score
Thanks for the feed back!

I'm like you I want to see more Mopar being worked on, I'll be looking for more formula too! E- bodies only has always built the show:) other sites like Mobash:mad: has only tore them down, that is what I meant to say sorry! keep giving feed backs every little bit helps! Also I don't think in this life you will see Marks crew restoring a Chev or Ford, unless they clone him?

Last edited:
Back