• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Oil Leak

Challenger Chuck

Reaction score
My Challenger had been setting for a while when i bought it, and the seller told me that it had a oil leak when I bought it. I would need to add half a quart about every 10 days. So, I added a new Carb and intake to the car and it was still leaking as I figured it would be. I took it out a few days after adding the new parts and ran it pretty hard and ever since then it hasn'e leaked a drop. Not really sure what happened, but it's a first for me. It has been on full for over a month, I'm not complaining but that has never happened to me. What do you think happened?

ramenth

Reaction score
Sitting for a while? Leaking gasket that needed some oil movement to provide swelling? Was it actually leaking? Was there physical signs of it leaking? Was it a stuck PCV? Some rust on the cylinder walls that that had to be polished with the rings? Don't know... it's all a guess.

Challenger Chuck

Reaction score
We believed it was the rear seal, but yes the sign was on the floor of my garage. A friend said since I been driving it more it probably conditioned the seals.

Challenger Chuck

Reaction score
I drive it about 3 or 4 days a week, where as it had been setting for a while. I think that's made a huge difference, but the seller said it had leaked for a long time. Whatever happened, I'm pretty happy about it.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
they are always more prone to leaking but 1/2 qt in 10 days is a huge mess , my guess is this , not sure if you have a big block or small block but often the intakes get loose & the engine vacuum will suck in oil from under the intake , also the end seals can leak too so you could have been burning off a lot of oil or leaking it down the rear of the engine & by changing the intake it is resealed .

Back