• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Old or new?

AlleyoopMgv

Reaction score
What do you think? Which one do you like best? Old or new? The new ones are pretty cool, but I'm goin with the old!

DC_007_detail.jpg

abodyjoe

Reaction score
the old are so much more classy looking then that over weight pig they make now. looks like its retaining water or something.

PastorTom1

Reaction score
I have to say that I just don't get it..........

WHY the pot bellied pig routine with these new cars? You can't tell me that it's just crumple zones and the like........or is it? Is it ALL in the name of "safety"? Is this the only way they can build a car these days? (honestly, they remind me of a pick-up).

I don't like the tire and wheel combo's either. Don't get me wrong, I think a bunch of the "Wheel Vintiques" are really nice, up to around 17".....but no more.........In my opinion, they look like a Hot Wheels car with those giant wheels.......gag me with a spoon.

Before I'd buy a new one, I'd spend the money on a nice original, and if I wanted "new" that bad, I'd resto-mod the drivetrain and electronics.

Just my Nineteen Hundred and Seventy some-odd cents. :rolleyes:

PastorTom1

Reaction score
Sad........Very sad.............

They could have done so much better........I 'tinks dey chould 'uv checked us out before 'dey hired all do'se "design engineers"..........you tink ? :rolleyes:

plumbeeper

Reaction score
I agree, the 70-71 E-bodies look much better than the new ones. I think they have too many regulations from the government (safety, emissions etc.) to make a car that looks and performs like an old one. It's really too bad they can't just copy an early e-body with all the technology of a new one without changing the looks. I know there's a few out there now that's taking an old Cuda or Challenger and dropping a new drive train in them, but they're not entirely new. I'm wondering if we'll ever get enough body parts made that someone will be building new cars out of them. Then again, the regulations...

Dave

PastorTom1

Reaction score
Hey, you can build a 69 Camaro all brand new from the ground up now...:confused:

All it takes is a proven market to encourage new production...The E's are scarce enough that I'm not sure we'll ever see the day.

HOWEVER, I can hope. :D

Until that day, I'll keep a lookin' for just the right E-Body subject upon which to work my modest modicum of post-modern mig-welding heart-melting madness. :eek:

burntorange70

Reaction score
I don't think it will be to long untill you can buy all the parts you need to build an old E-body. I see they are making roofs for them now. It would be easyer to list what they don't make than what they do.

Rob R

Reaction score
Not a big fan of the narrow window look...I HATE the 300's ...the new Challenger is a bit better and the only car that they make that I like.

TheDemonator

Reaction score
I like them both... i'd drive either one. Old= nostalgia, just plain cool! New= quicker, faster, better handling, modern technology and features.

Just read an article in this months Mopar Enthusiast... the new one beat an old one equipped with a 426 hemi at the strip.

EV2AAR

Reaction score
As a car to be driven every day you can't beat a new one but there is nothing like an old Challenger except an old Cuda

apederso2

Reaction score
I like them both... i'd drive either one. Old= nostalgia, just plain cool! New= quicker, faster, better handling, modern technology and features.

Just read an article in this months Mopar Enthusiast... the new one beat an old one equipped with a 426 hemi at the strip.

I agree. If you drive a new one, you will be HOOKED! They perform and drive perfect. Yes, shedding 1,000 lbs would be great, but you can buy a Viper for that.

Govt reg's have helped add weight, but who really doesn't like safety?

I love my 70, it get's more looks than a naked supermodel. But the new technology is awesome. Hard to vote, they both have their place. Thank Chrysler for bringing back an awesome ride with new FUN!

Back