• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Original cuda quarters?

Ratvon

Reaction score
Ok I bought bunch of mopar stuff and a lot of the stuff is nos still in the boxes and bumper in wrapping paper. So I also got some quarter panels and was wondering how to tell original from Taiwan? And is there a forum on this site where I can just find out what stuff is worth? This no B.S. here is a picture of a couple things
8423.jpeg

quapman

Reaction score
I've never seen amber NOS road lamps. Are they used parts in the NOS boxes?

NOS quarters will be red or dark gray primer with white part #s stenciled on them. They should be about .044" thick, as opposed to the repros which are .030-.035".

There is no single website to determine value of anything. Completed ebay auctions are the easiest place to look.

Ratvon

Reaction score
I've never seen amber NOS road lamps. Are they used parts in the NOS boxes?

NOS quarters will be red or dark gray primer with white part #s stenciled on them. They should be about .044" thick, as opposed to the repros which are .030-.035".

There is no single website to determine value of anything. Completed ebay auctions are the easiest place to look.
Those are new in the box lights with mopar logos on the box and part numbers I couldn't believe it when I opened them

quapman

Reaction score
Very interesting! I think a few states required fog lamps to be amber in order to pass state inspection. Are you in PA?

moparleo

Reaction score
Boxes can say anything but the parts will normally have part numbers and pentastar stampings. And the value of anything depends on who wants it and how bad he wants it. Or the least amount the seller will take as well as how much the buyer is willing to pay. That is the value to those 2 partys at that time. If you are going to sell them on this site, pictures and prices are required to sell them here. No make me an offer type stuff. The term N.O.S. stands for NEW/OLD STOCK. These are parts that were manufactured during the period that they were used originally at the time of the vehicles production. Normally the dealers would only be able to stock parts in there parts room for "X" amount of time, be it 5 years, 10 years...whatever. They would then return them to the regional warehouses when possible and they became N.O.S. parts. Sometimes there were parts that were installed and reboxed. Sometimes they were just shelf worn, battered packaging.That is why you can't trust what the box says. Some times the factory would make another production run of a part that was very popular a few years later. These were not technically N.O.S. as they were not original production parts. There are normally dates on the packaging.

Ratvon

Reaction score
Boxes can say anything but the parts will normally have part numbers and pentastar stampings. And the value of anything depends on who wants it and how bad he wants it. Or the least amount the seller will take as well as how much the buyer is willing to pay. That is the value to those 2 partys at that time. If you are going to sell them on this site, pictures and prices are required to sell them here. No make me an offer type stuff. The term N.O.S. stands for NEW/OLD STOCK. These are parts that were manufactured during the period that they were used originally at the time of the vehicles production. Normally the dealers would only be able to stock parts in there parts room for "X" amount of time, be it 5 years, 10 years...whatever. They would then return them to the regional warehouses when possible and they became N.O.S. parts. Sometimes there were parts that were installed and reboxed. Sometimes they were just shelf worn, battered packaging.That is why you can't trust what the box says. Some times the factory would make another production run of a part that was very popular a few years later. These were not technically N.O.S. as they were not original production parts. There are normally dates on the packaging.
Well the box had a date code on it and I think it was 7 7 72 the lights have a pentastar and a part number on them

Ratvon

Reaction score
Well the box had a date code on it and I think it was 7 7 72 the lights have a pentastar and a part number on them
And I know everything was bought in the mid to early seventies

moper

Reaction score
In addition to the factory stampings and part number, the repro quarter panels are not perfect and some come with Ecoat which is a new development. Check the flanges for consistency and wrinkles, and see if they are coated, if solvent will remove the coating. If it does - it's not Ecoat..

Back