• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Ralley Cluster for a 72 cuda will it work for 70cuda

jmhemicuda

Reaction score
I am working on a 70 383 cuda and many years ago I bought a 72 ralley cluster complete with wiring for a $100. I would like to put this in my 70 cuda. I know that there are different things with them, but my question is if I buy a new under dash wiring harness for a 70 cuda with ralley will it the wiring mount up to the 72 gauge cluster and work. The wiring will be new year one wiring for a 70 cuda with ralley. Please help Thank You Jason

3404speed

Reaction score
I have not done this swap, but it should work. The only thing that changed for the most part is the limit on the tach...maybe someone else can chime in.

fishpwr

Reaction score
If you purchase the new 70' rallye harness, it will hook up to your 72 cluster. If your old dash harness is still in good shape, I'd simply do a little splicing and add the tach & oil pressure wiring. It's easy, and much cheaper.

redlinegw

Reaction score
The 72-74 Rallye clusters will work fine in a 70-71 they are just not correct, the trip odometer and clock resets are different and the tach is usually only a 7000 rpm. The tachometer typically will not work with aftermarket ignition systems and the clocks never work. If the cluster has been sitting for a long time the speedometer will more then likely make noise then peg to full scale and break the pointer. Give Redline Gauge Works a call at (661) 259-8891 and talk to Shannon he can walk you through what it takes to end up with a reliable accurate gauge cluster that you wont have to pull in and out of the dash because of one problem after another.

Back