• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Rear defogger switch orientation in the panel

hemi135

Reaction score
What is the correct orientation of the defogger switch in the panel? Obviously the defogger motor has 2 speeds and switch has 3 settings. From the bottom with the switch down, that would off then one up would be low speed and one more up is high fan speed. My question is looking at the back of the switch, it can be inverted and installed either way but don’t obviously want to install it upside down making “off” in the up position on the panel. I’ve attached a photo of how I have installed now but don’t know if it’s correct. The entire dash is out for a rewire so I can do a simple plug in and find out. Who knows the correct orientation of the defogger switch

9F806ABA-F5FF-4060-8942-A224258DF609.jpeg

devinism

Reaction score
You have it mounted correctly. If you look real close you will see "TOP" lightly stamped into the red back, above the terminals.
I have 3 rebuilt ones, all have "TOP" stamped.

moparleo

Reaction score
I hope this is just a mock up. All of the contacts need to be cleaned real good. If you have access to a bead blaster that would be great. Just use a low pressure and as fine of a bead as possible. They should look like new when done properly.

Back